• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Contact lenses?

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys II wear glasses but not when I'm riding now that I'm getting older maybe I should be using them ecspecially for night riding. But I know they will fog how do contact lenses do I'm thinking of making a appointment.
Also I wear a 509 helmet and a modular 2
Thanks

Snowmobiling was what made me switch to contacts 15 years ago. No problems and no regrets; they are great!

I wear glasses full time and only wear contacts for hunting and for snowmobiling they work great.

I just went to eye DR last week for contacts and he said I would hate them since I wear bifocals.
He said I would only be able to see near or far, but contacts can't be bifocals.
Iam bummed hoped they would work for me.

Time for Lasik to eliminate the bifocals for a while.

I wear glasses all the time and they are progressives. Yes, getting older really sucks. But, I have contacts which I only wear for snowmobiling and sometimes for jet skiing. You can't see up close with them, but I just bring along a pair of cheap reading glasses for reading menus and smart phones. I'm sure it's pretty funny for some people who see my friends and I passing the reading glasses around so we can order dinner.

I have not found anything else better than contacts for snowmobiling yet. I would like to try a BV2S helmet, but haven't quite brought myself to the point of paying that much for a helmet yet.

I have a BV2S and just dont like to get glasses into there I have heard it works but my thought you stop and open your shield and your then warm glasses fog and get cold then you close it back up to go and your then cold glasses get warm and fog maybe that is not the case but like i say i prefer contacts when ridding.

I have never really enjoyed the contact experience, but I know I'm in the minority there. I've worn glasses for over 40 years, and they've saved my eyes on too numerous of occasions to count. I respect those who wish to use contacts, but for me I'm just more comfortable putting up with the pain of jamming them in the helmet when I need to. I treat my lenses every month or so to a good scrubbing with Crest paste (yeah, toothpaste, don't laugh, it works), and then buff them out with Sea Drops. They are impossible to fog, but the transition lenses blow in the cold, take forever to go back to clear when you go inside.

Ooops, Sorry. Sea Drops are an anti-fog solution for scuba gear.

https://www.mcnett.com/m-essentials/sea-gold#40851

Takes alot to wash the ions in the drops off once you buff them into the lenses. As long as you don't drop your glasses into water several times the application can last for months.

oh cool never knew about them or the crest thing. Thanks for posting.

I started using contacts last winter and it does take some getting used to, but its a lot better than having my glasses fog up all the time. My friend told me to get a bvs2 helmet, but I really like the one I have ,a FXR Torque X w/electric shield which is a moto x style helmet. I had some irritation or dryness with the contacts at first and then the eye doctor had me try a different solution and it made all the difference. I also like them a lot for archery and hunting. I still wear my glasses most of the time.

Back