• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Couldn't let it go past

nydiver

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
09 Nytro RTX
91 Phazer II (gotta have a classic / kids bomber :) )
Today I think I lucked into a deal. 09 RTX, pretty much unmolested. Has a 4th wheel kit, kimpex rear wheels, the 2 inner and 2 outer x-wheels, had the rear outer x-wheels (the stains in the rails are there) but they're off and only 1 and its mount was in the parts box. The stock shocks were rebuilt in the rear and the front floats were hosed (who cares, they suck anyways) so they tossed those and put some black yamaha non-reservoir shocks on it. He admitted someone stuck a 08 spindle on it when he got it and they replaced it with the correct 09 spindle so my guess is it did have a little boo boo before. The big hole plate has a few tweaks in it but the shocks are all centered so I think its good to go for a Griz gusset kit and not even think any further on it. 2500 with under 4k on it. Now I just need for November to get here :) The XTX was a little pissed, it was over a rib or 2 on the glides and tried to crowd the RTX from getting into the enclosed trailer. Had to yank its heavy #*$&@ over so the RTX could jusssst squeeze in. Teach me to buy a 99" wide trailer and then stick the sno cap on it. I'll have to mount a rub rail so I can run each sleds skis against the outside to make sure they can sneak in.
IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0508.jpg

Very Nice! Now you got 2 sleds to work on.

Pete

4 actually with a pair of phazer II's for the younger kids. The RTX was just gone thru 10 miles ago by a friend. The former owner gave him carte blanc to put it right then with no snow he cut bait for a Harley. I'll put the xwheels on and the gussets and call it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I would have known, I am probably going to put mine up for sale. But nice sled!!!

$2500 buys yours? :)
You jumping ship to a Polaris also?

LOL!!

Not sure what I am going to get at the moment, but I'm going to sell my Nytro, also not in a big hurry to do that, but if the right person with the right price comes around I will probably let it go..

Great price on that sled. I believe it was on Craigslist since last October.

Could be, guy bought it and had his uncle and cousin who own a shop in Auburn go through it. They noted the left side was not right then figured out it had 08 spindle on a 09 so they put a new one on it. I think the subframe was also replaced by the original owner, several of the button rivets are missing in places you really shouldn't need to remove them from for anything normal, and the headlight has 2 in the base and none to the upper plate. The floats were hosed and unrepairable so they ordered these non reservoir shocks I think from like a 11 nytro or something, they work and they truly are brand new so I guess its cool. They put on copper exhaust gaskets, changed the plugs, did an oil change, changed the coolant, took out the skid to service the shocks, replaced x-wheel and rear axle bearings, greased the whole skid, and put it all back together. He was waiting to get laid off like work promised when they decided to keep him on. Between the bad winter and work he got to ride about 10 miles. I bought some parts from his cousin when the XTX got smacked by the tree in the windstorm and saw the sled in the shop, got the same story unprompted before it was really for sale, about 2 months ago. At the time I saw it last they were kicking around the 5k number, maybe 4500. I guess he got a little more desperate to get out from under it.

Back