• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cv carb springs?

rough rider

Expert
Has anyone tryed cutting your slide springs shorter ? I have heard this gives better throttle responce by letting the slides open quicker, Has anyone compared Holtzmans green cv springs to standard springs, what is difference? :Rockon:

Metallicat said:
How do you access the carb slide springs on the Vectors?

Like Mighty said, they are under the black caps on top of the carbs, but just a warning, there are very small black o-rings that are pressed between the cap and carb. You need to make sure you dont loose those o-rings when removing the caps...BBY

Well, that pretty much tells me I am never going to modify the stock carb springs. I pulled off all of the panels and headlight pod tonght to get familiar with my sled and the take-down procedure and I can already visualize the cap screws taking a tumble into the Land of No Return. Not a lot of room for error.

BlueByYou2000 said:
Metallicat said:
How do you access the carb slide springs on the Vectors?

Like Mighty said, they are under the black caps on top of the carbs, but just a warning, there are very small black o-rings that are pressed between the cap and carb. You need to make sure you dont loose those o-rings when removing the caps...BBY

If you're going to change or cut springs I suggest a simple set of Holtzman carb springs. That way you still have your stock carb springs if you decide to switch back!

I have a question regarding going to a softer spring.We know it makes the engine more responsive but what is
the trade off? Does mileage decrease?

Back