• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DDM HID HELP!

Teamyammie3

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro RTX SE
Hi all,

I have a 2010 nytro rtx se and am looking to get the DDM hid kit. When I go to the DDM website what one do I get? If someone could post the direct link for me for the kit I need for my nytro that would be awesome. As well as any other info I need to know.

Thanks!!

check the grizz install photos.
http://s589.photobucket.com/user/grizztracks/library/FX Nytro HID Install - DDM Tuning?sort=6&page=1

it include a photo of the order .
DDMHIDkit_zps3c9c71a9.jpg

Top left picture on the main page, click that, it says HID kits: 35w & 55w
This will take you to the page posted above, and just fill out what you want.

You want 35 watt, H4 Hi/Lo (+$20.00), I choose 4300K, mounting brackets for 35 watt ballasts. ($2.99)

4300K is pure white with absolutely NO BLUE colour to the light. This is what I wanted. Choose whichever colour you like, however anything over 4500k in my opinion will not work good in snow applications, which obviously our sleds will see....

Yes but don't I need the dual or something or which one is the whole package I need

From the home page, on the side select hid kits, then select the kit on the top.
3ae29d80fafeadf120340bf5e5dd39e3.jpg

Then select these options
5dc5ee3d945823d5049bd9047299146f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would stay away from them, they are made for cars not snowmobiles, with the cold and snow. Plus to cheap, you get what you pay for! And the Viper headlight change is not a five minute job! Stay away, get good ones!

^^ Where I'm from, my car/ truck see's the exact same conditions as my sled sees... probably worse conditions. I would think its a good thing they are designed for everyday vehicles.

I would stay away from them, they are made for cars not snowmobiles, with the cold and snow. Plus to cheap, you get what you pay for! And the Viper headlight change is not a five minute job! Stay away, get good ones!
Fourth season on mine and they are doing fine. Plus if I have a problem ddm has assured me that if the ballast goes bad they will exchange it no questions asked. And the hid replacement Bulbs are cheap (haven't needed one yet in 3 going on 4 seasons)

My vehicles see 1000 times worse conditions than my sled. Constant salt spray, lights get used EVERY day. If they are built to handle that, my weekend trips in fresh snow (no salt) should be a walk in the park for the hid components.
Just because you pay more does not mean you get better quality......

I have a set in my car, going on 3 seasons I think. Just had one ballast die. haven't gotten around to trying the warranty. I like mine

What kind of problems did you have with yours?

What kind of problems did you have with yours?

If your talking about the slim ballast I have had flickering lights or flame outs. I stick with what works for me. It seams like you guys also have what works,mans that's good. If it works don't fix it! And yes sometimes you do get what you pay for. I have went the cheap way once on a set of hid lights and they were terrible. But this was years ago. I have had the same ones on my truck since 2006 and the have had zero problems. On my sleds I don't keep them long enough to see how they last. But my wife had them on her Vector for 7000 miles with zero problems. So like I said If they work great!!

Back