• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ddm hid lights

Mr Sled, how is a $90 dollar difference not that much? Two kits for $120, or one kit for $150? I'll take the $60 ones and spend $90 on gas. I'm pretty sure my kit was around $55-$60 3 years ago.

I thought he meant 2 kits as one pair ..... or 2 lights, so go buy your gas...LOL, Can get far on $90 unless you have a GEO.. LOL

The $52.94 was for everything to give my nytro hid lights, including 2 ballast mounts. Including LIFETIME guarantee on ALL parts.

I'm sure other kits are good as well, just these prices are rock bottom!

DDM sounds like a good product and also sounds like they have good service too. If I decide to put on the hid lights I'll buy them from Rockmeister for a few dollars more($90). He sells great products and offers great service too, so that is why I'll buy for Rock. Honestly, that is what I like about TY, it's a small community. Buy local, support the people that support you. I've been helped out on this site so many times I can't count!

Buy what you want. As long as your happy, who cares. I've had no issues with my ddms since the relay which they solved right away for me

Not to pick but $60.00 vs $225.00 http://www.sledstart.com/HID_lights.htm is $165.00 not $90.00. 55W 4300 or 6000 should function the same regardless.

I have 8 guys in our group that all run HID's That would be $1,800.00 for us vs $480.00 That is food and lodging for the whole group for a TY weekend - WoHoo. I had a hard enough time getting the 60 out of them. So if 225 was the only option there would probably only be 2 or 3 of us running them. In the beginning I ran big dollar kits from Yamaha and Sylvania and both of those sets failed in the first season which is why we switched to the more affordable sets with the lifetime guarantee .

Last edited:
Not to pick but $60.00 vs $225.00 http://www.sledstart.com/HID_lights.htm is $165.00 not $90.00. 55W 4300 or 6000 should function the same regardless.

I have 8 guys in our group that all run HID's That would be $1,800.00 for us vs $480.00 That is food and lodging for the whole group for a TY weekend - WoHoo. I had a hard enough time getting the 60 out of them. So if 225 was the only option there would probably only be 2 or 3 of us running them. In the beginning I ran big dollar kits from Yamaha and Sylvania and both of those sets failed in the first season which is why we switched to the more affordable sets with the lifetime guarantee .

I wouldnt by anything from Sledstart, hes a crook in my eyes... Rockmeister is not the same guy.... Rocks kits are $150 but there is still a big difference in the prices no doubt. When I looked at DDM site, I thought that $60 was for a single light ..my bad.

$150 is still a good deal! In the past I spent $140 for 4 silver star headlight bulbs in my old chevy truck!

Whichever set you choose you'll be extremely happy with the 300% more light output you get!

Well from what I can tell, these are all made for cars, and not necessarily for cold wet snowmobiling conditions. Not saying they won't work just my 2 cents. Another thing is that you get what you pay for. I have tried slim vallast a few times with no luck. I have tried the cheaper lights with no luck. Same with 4300 vs. 6000. BMW, Audi, Porsche, all the top cars test in snow, rain, snow dust and they all use 6000K lights. KIA uses 4300 and some of the cheaper cars that have HID lights use 4300. They are cheaper. I have been in snow dust and my 6000K lights are great. But that's not the topic here. Really it's just the true fact as we have all heard. You get what you pay for!! And it's a pain to change out lights in the Viper!! I would go with what other people say works before I would try something else. Rock kit is good I hear. I just don't like slim ballast and I don't think 4300K are all that bright, next to a 6000K light you will see the difference! I know he is a vendor and that's why he has is stuff sold on here. And people stick up for him. Is it the best, NO there are better out there, but not vendors so those people are not brought up. But I understand! But if it's my money I want the best!!

4300k has more light output than 6000k. Also the K has absolutely no bearing on cost of HID lights.

I know this is off topic but just to clear things up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 123
Well from what I can tell, these are all made for cars, and not necessarily for cold wet snowmobiling conditions. Not saying they won't work just my 2 cents. Another thing is that you get what you pay for. I have tried slim vallast a few times with no luck. I have tried the cheaper lights with no luck. Same with 4300 vs. 6000. BMW, Audi, Porsche, all the top cars test in snow, rain, snow dust and they all use 6000K lights. KIA uses 4300 and some of the cheaper cars that have HID lights use 4300. They are cheaper. I have been in snow dust and my 6000K lights are great. But that's not the topic here. Really it's just the true fact as we have all heard. You get what you pay for!! And it's a pain to change out lights in the Viper!! I would go with what other people say works before I would try something else. Rock kit is good I hear. I just don't like slim ballast and I don't think 4300K are all that bright, next to a 6000K light you will see the difference! I know he is a vendor and that's why he has is stuff sold on here. And people stick up for him. Is it the best, NO there are better out there, but not vendors so those people are not brought up. But I understand! But if it's my money I want the best!!

Sorry Tim, I gotta call BIlly Madison on that one. Lumen would be the light output and "K" would be the color. 5000K on most lighting systems is the whitest and by raising the the number increases the color shade through blue, to deep purple even. Lower and the more yellow it gets. Now change the system from 35W to 55W and the color chart shifts slightly but remains really close by increasing the lumen output at the higher wattage. I'm just trying to clear this up a little better for other readers to not be misinformed. You may have meant to say this but it came out a little different.

Sorry Tim, I gotta call BIlly Madison on that one. Lumen would be the light output and "K" would be the color. 5000K on most lighting systems is the whitest and by raising the the number increases the color shade through blue, to deep purple even. Lower and the more yellow it gets. Now change the system from 35W to 55W and the color chart shifts slightly but remains really close by increasing the lumen output at the higher wattage. I'm just trying to clear this up a little better for other readers to not be misinformed. You may have meant to say this but it came out a little different.

4300, would be more yellowish, 5000 would be more whiteish, and 6000 would be whitish with a little blue tint., 800 a 12000 are more blue tint to purple tint. I have ridden with both and I think 6000 are brighter, even though the higher the number the less lumens. 4300-5000 have that yellowish tint and maybe that's why I don't like them. I know how they are rated and understand what the K or kelvin means. I was just saying what I have noticed. I have ridden with guys with the 4300 and my lights always over power his, and made him switch to 6000 and he is a lot happier. Maybe it's my eyes and I like them better. This is just how I feel. And between 35w and 55w I don't think we could tell the difference with the naked eye.

I would go with the 4300K to 4500k bulbs, overall they will provide the most useable light of any color on snow. Blue refracts at a larger angle than yellow so you are more likely to cause glare with bluer bulbs.

Here are my 4300k hid lights from ddm. They look pure white to me, I hate the blue look, but that's just me. They are extremely bright, a friend has 8000k ddm hid's in his atv and I don't find they project light as far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 127
Here are my 4300k hid lights from ddm. They look pure white to me, I hate the blue look, but that's just me. They are extremely bright, a friend has 8000k ddm hid's in his atv and I don't find they project light as far.

Ya 8000's are a lot of blue and don't project that much light. I guess I like the bluish tint. I have a video of my 6000 from my nytro and it doesn't seam to be blue, where as my wife's vector already had blue lens so it made hers even more blue., but not bad at all

These are my 6000K lights

Attachments

• Tims S5 224.jpg
    Tims S5 224.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Back