• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ecu flashing question

Jakelfin

Extreme
Hi, thinking of what cable and program is needed to get in yamaha ecu? Found some for bikes but is it same? Just need to get in stock fuel map for little changes and maybe little timing changes.

Lähetetty minun E2303 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

What sled do you have? All the 4st Yamahas have some adjustability to the fuel accesed through the dash pod. It's limited though. Small % and it adjusts full range. If you are looking for full mapping ability you will have to go aftermarket piggyback controller such as Power Commander. Even dealers do not have ability to tune with their diagnostic equipment. There are some companies that have gotten into the ECU and can adjust the maps and other parameters but nothing for public.

Boosted nytro and na tuned rx1(apex). Had to go full map, almost every ecu can be adjusted with proper cable/program. Ft ecu inc has yamaha cable and software to get in some popular bikes, but I couldnt find anything about sleds. Emailed them so maybe when they answer I know something too.

So, if someone knows proper cable/software, let me know.

Boosted nytro and na tuned rx1(apex). Had to go full map, almost every ecu can be adjusted with proper cable/program. Ft ecu inc has yamaha cable and software to get in some popular bikes, but I couldnt find anything about sleds. Emailed them so maybe when they answer I know something too.

So, if someone knows proper cable/software, let me know.

Power commander is your best bet. Can adjust fuel maps, timing, all that. Plug and play really.

Evo powersports reprograms the ecu, but I dont think its an easy process.

We do offer a full line of ECU tunning that is plug and play. All done through the stock ECU, as mentioned its not just a matter of plugging in a cable. We can correct fueling and timing for N/A modified vehicles, or timing modifications for boosted applications. Give the guys at the shop a call if you have any questions that are in depth!

What kind of system is needed to get some adjustments in stock fuel/ignition curve? I cant say what kind of adjustment sled needs until I drive it with new setup. N/A tuned apex is much easier, just need an a/f meter and some snow to see where lean/rich spots are. Boosted sled has much more complicated system, maybe i go and put megasquirt in it. It would be much easier to have proper equipment myself to get in those ecus when it is needed.

Lähetetty minun E2303 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Back