• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECU Repair

madhatter275

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Apex
09 Nytro
Hello All,

I was wondering if there are any companies out there that do ECU repair? Finally got my fuel pump figured out as a bad ECU and it's slim pickings besides used on ebay for ~$500. I guess I'd rather have mine repaired but they look like sealed units.

Or does anyone have one for sale that I can trust to work?

Thanks for the help!

I've never heard of anyone repairing ECU's as their failure rate is almost nil. I have never seen one fail on an Apex or RX-1 and I've been wrenching on sleds before those models even existed. I had a 2009 Phazer last year with a bad ECU but that was only because he had someone inexperienced working on it who put power where it shouldn't have been.
Get a used one, and drive on. Nothing to worry about.

I have 2 that are in need of repair also, haven't found a source yet to repair them.

I've never heard of anyone repairing ECU's as their failure rate is almost nil. I have never seen one fail on an Apex or RX-1 and I've been wrenching on sleds before those models even existed. I had a 2009 Phazer last year with a bad ECU but that was only because he had someone inexperienced working on it who put power where it shouldn't have been.
Get a used one, and drive on. Nothing to worry about.
Yeah, when I was diagnosing it, based on everything I've heard, I convinced myself it wasn't the ECU b/c they don't go bad often. But finally it had to be, so I swapped it with my buddy's and boom, everything was great. There was some aftermarket bullshit on it, so I hope that's not an issue anymore.

Back