• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

end of dual underseat rear exiting exhaust

srx901

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
turbo nytro
Now that the new R1 has a single pipe side exhaust does that mean the end for the Apex and vecter

Weight savings/bias improvements (if any) woukd outweigh any appeal of the rear exhaust for me. I love the sound of an Apex but wouldn't miss the mid-speed cruise drone one bit.

Love the rear exhaust and what drone? I keep hearing about a drone but I don't hear one on my sled. I also don't want to be like the rest for the sake of being like the rest. I don't miss underhood pipes and muffler one bit. I always thought the rear exhaust balanced the sled weight better.

Love the rear exhaust and what drone? I keep hearing about a drone but I don't hear one on my sled. I also don't want to be like the rest for the sake of being like the rest. I don't miss underhood pipes and muffler one bit. I always thought the rear exhaust balanced the sled weight better.

I agree with you on that. I think the rear exhaust looks cool and its nice to have it behind you so you don't smell like exhaust at the end of the day. It's also nice if there's work to be done under the hood not to have an exhaust system in the way.

I also love the rear exhaust and the sweet note it emits, but I also get zero drone on my Vector. ;)!

I haven't noticed a drone either. I love the sound. I've seen people with brand new sleds checking out my 10 year old sled because it still sounds cool. Gotta love the Yamaha 4 stroke !!

My original post was stating that since the original Rx-1 and apex vector where designed to emulate the R-1 motorcycle with rear exiting exhaust. I think that since now the newest R-1 no longer has the rear exiting does that Yamaha will now no longer have sleds with rear exiting exhaust. So I think that the current crop of yamahas will be discontinued.

My original post was stating that since the original Rx-1 and apex vector where designed to emulate the R-1 motorcycle with rear exiting exhaust. I think that since now the newest R-1 no longer has the rear exiting does that Yamaha will now no longer have sleds with rear exiting exhaust. So I think that the current crop of yamahas will be discontinued.

All bikes have a rear exit exhaust as do Yamaha snowmobiles, most bikes have a rear exit on the side but that won't work well with a Snowmobile because that is where the running boards are, but the Catamaha's have a side exit with 90 bend and a restrictive exhaust. The rear exit underseat exhaust was more of a flow design then a R1 copy. The fact that the R1 had the exhaust tips gave them the styling cues to follow. Kind of well the exhaust has to come out the rear to work best so why don't we use the lights and exhaust caps to give it a R1 feel. At best the current crop of Yamaha sleds may be upgraded but never discontinued. Rear exhaust is a Yamaha trademark of their flagship sled. May the Apex live forever!

It's just the apex that has a drone. I think its more prevalent when riding tighter trail systems that are not as fast. Clutches can't quite shift out and the motor tachs a little higher. My father runs the apex and if we switch sleds I notice it every time!

Back