• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine light

Nytro-glycerin

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX Black edition
Happened to me twice now. I start up the sled, let it warm up until idle is about 1800 rpm or so, not quite down to 1500 rpm yet, it the red light is off. I put it in reverse to back out of my parking spot, and I have to back down a slope to turn around. The engine light turns on, and the yellow warning light, I put it in forward and drive down the hill to the lake (maybe 25 feet from where the light came on) then the light turns off and the symbol goes away, and all seems well. No codes come up when this happens. Has me confused, still getting used to my new XTX!

had the same issue happen with mine. The only thing I found was that my oil level was slightly low but still in the OK range. I think the oil was running away from the low level sensor on the slope I was on causing the light and symbol to come on. As soon as I poured in a little oil got the level in the middle of the OK range the issue stopped.

I notice a lot of people confuse the overheat light with the too cold light. The yellow temp light is not a heat warning as far as the manual reads. The red one is the warning. Maybe I'm wrong but don't belive so. So it's most likely the warning indicator you're getting. Mine came on a couple times in -25 degree weather and I rode harder and it went away. It was having trouble keeping heat.

Nytro-glycerin, is it possible that when you are on an angle that you are fooling the sensor and getting a low fuel light?

Some times in colder weather my yellow oil warning light will come on just moments after the red warmup light goes out. When it happens it stays on for 30 seconds to 1 min. I cannot find any reason why it does what it does but it doesn't worry much either. It has been known to happen to others also.

I have seen that same situation but only when the sled is real cold, even after the red temp light goes out the yellow will come on for awhile. Has to do with the cold oil not creating good oil pressure and the sensor is going off. Once things get warm and the oilis viscous it goes out. I wouldn't reccomend driving it hard while that yellow is on
Ms

I wouldn't recomend driving it period while the oil light is on!
I always give it about 10 min warm up before moving it.

I second gitrdun's theory that it is your fuel level warning light coming on. No code will flash, but there will be a fuel icon show onscreen.

Back