• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine saver II. Coolant loss detection!

How would you want to be alerted if engine lost coolant?

• Total voters

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
We tested our new engine saver II concept this season with positive results and are working on finalizing the product.

We are looking for feedback on how we should alert the operator. Looking at using a flashing LED light, audible buzzer or both. All options could be incorporated into a plug and play harness.

Take the poll and let us know what you prefer.

I'm leaning towards using both buzzer and light but just wanted to get some feedback.

A must have when running studs, I'm in for one when you have the kits ready! I have the bulkhead saver installed, I was very impressed with the quality of that kit and I'm sure this one will be just as good.

I find it odd that almost as many people would only want a light and not the buzzer when collant loss is detected. heck i dont notice the fuel light most times till its been on for a mile or two that could be the death of a motor i see it as useless with out the auditable buzzer. maybe someone can chime in and explain why they would not want the reverse beeper to go off if they have lost coolant.

I find it odd that almost as many people would only want a light and not the buzzer when collant loss is detected. heck i dont notice the fuel light most times till its been on for a mile or two that could be the death of a motor i see it as useless with out the auditable buzzer. maybe someone can chime in and explain why they would not want the reverse beeper to go off if they have lost coolant.

Easy! Can hardly hear the beeper when backing up, how would I hear it at speed. Would have to be ear piercing to be heard above engine and wind. Any buzzer I have ever heard is way to quiet to be heard above the wind and motor. The back up beeper switch stuck on my Warrior, was many miles, way down the trail from where I backed up before I noticed something making a noise. If I hadn't stopped I would not have heard it.

I'm always glancing at the dash, maybe a habit from the hot rod days always glancing at the vital signs so to speak. I notice lights quickly. Even though I hated idiot lights ( I always wanted to know water temp, oil pressure to monitor changes. A light doesn't tell you that.) I always left them hooked up even when installing gauges. Light comes on you catch it out of the corner of your eye. Nice bright LED that shows up in sunlight is perfect.

I think I'll add the backup alarm could be useful as I have seen quite a few times where someone has been tapped on the shoulder to tell them your beeper is on. I was one of those times. Must be getting deaf!

I agree that may also be overlooked but two warning systems alerting two different senses has got to be better then one. I for one have great hearing but poor line of sight to my dash with piviot riser and like i said some times dont see the gas light till it has been on for sometimes quite a few miles.(also why i love the counter on the fuel light on my xtx) I guess my point is not that i would not want the dash light but that i dont see why anyone would not want two warning systems on such a crutial failer that could cost more to repair then any other one thing on the sled.Cost? I cant see it would be that much more and if your going to spend the money for the protection why not 5 bucks more for the extra warning.

O
I agree that may also be overlooked but two warning systems alerting two different senses has got to be better then one. I for one have great hearing but poor line of sight to my dash with piviot riser and like i said some times dont see the gas light till it has been on for sometimes quite a few miles.(also why i love the counter on the fuel light on my xtx) I guess my point is not that i would not want the dash light but that i dont see why anyone would not want two warning systems on such a crutial failer that could cost more to repair then any other one thing on the sled.Cost? I cant see it would be that much more and if your going to spend the money for the protection why not 5 bucks more for the extra warning.

Light is most important to me beeper not so much but hey go for it. On my warrior I mounted a led in the right side hand grip throttle assembly. Very visible there. I do agree with a riser you can't see the dash so that means you can't see any of you warning lights like low oil or no oil pressure or high temp. One of the reasons I don't like risers! You have a lot of things on your dash pod that your not watching now.

O

Light is most important to me beeper not so much but hey go for it. On my warrior I mounted a led in the right side hand grip throttle assembly. Very visible there. I do agree with a riser you can't see the dash so that means you can't see any of you warning lights like low oil or no oil pressure or high temp. One of the reasons I don't like risers! You have a lot of things on your dash pod that your not watching now.

also why I run a Yamaha so I dont have to worry about those to much.I am hopeing to make the seat a little taller and then maybe i will have a better view of the dash.

What if you had it activate TORS. It's just opening a circuit.
That would get your attention

I had considered this, but too much of a liability issue if my product activates tors and causes a sled to get hung up on a road crossing.

I had considered this, but too much of a liability issue if my product activates tors and causes a sled to get hung up on a road crossing.
Yep sudden loss of power even if saving the engine could cause lawsuits galore! Light and back up beeper best bet. Make it a bright LED that can be seen in the sunlight.

Back