• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine saver II. Coolant loss detection!

How would you want to be alerted if engine lost coolant?

• Total voters

The flashing LED is a great idea (of course I realize not new). Now how hard could it be to trigger the LED whenever the warning light triggers for any reason. Handlebar risers are a must for any serious off-trail rider (trust me you need to stand up), but there are times we sit down and thus can't see the gauge like some posted. Sitting down generally happens when you are back on the trail on the way back and worn out so it easier to miss warning signs. It would be great if there was a "idiot light" that alerted us to any warning (stock or add-on). The silly part of this is that I went to school for electronics engineering some 30 years ago and should be able to design this. I never finished though, switched to IT (stupid boy) part way through and have been stuck in IT ever since :( Maybe that is why or I am just too lazy.

What do you see as the potential for triggering the LED for any stock warnings as well as any that might be added? Just need some relays and possibly isolation for each source.

Yes need a light because even though I dont ride standing up (knees wont allow that) I don't have a tall riser either and can see my dash. I'm a sit down rider 99.9999% of the time. I watch for lights and could and don't know how anyone could hear a beeper at 60 mph all I hear is motor and wind.

of course it will be hard if not impossible at 60mph to hear it but when you slow down or stop you will hear it.

of course it will be hard if not impossible at 60mph to hear it but when you slow down or stop you will hear it.

Sometimes a person does not slow down or stop for 20 miles or more. At a idle stopped I might hear my beeper but moving throttle on not a chance. That is when checking your gauges/lights is your only lifeline. Well that and you nose. Beeper won't do a thing for ya if you can't see your idiot lights. By the looks of the poll people want both and I agree with that!

that is exactly what I have been saying is both maybe thats why you have been disagreeing with me from the start I do want the light but also would not want to for go the beeper.

The 'flashing' part is important because a lot of us guys are color blind and I know that I can't always tell if a red light is on during the day but I would see it if it was flashing. And the brighter the better.

that is exactly what I have been saying is both maybe thats why you have been disagreeing with me from the start I do want the light but also would not want to for go the beeper.

Maybe you need to re-read as you asked why someone would only want the light. I replied not disagreed. In the very next post I added that a beeper as a good idea. You argued! On one hand you agree that you could not hear a beeper at speed and on the other you say lights are no good cause you don't look at you dash for miles at a time. You don't see a problem here?

I never said no to the beeper but did say its pretty much useless to me. To which you want to argue about for safety reasons cause the motor is expensive and why I watch my gauge pod and or any other lights I may install. Seems I have been nothing but agreeable. You may continue to try convince me that I'm wrong in saying that "to me, the light is most important". Why I don't know cause I've agreed twice in the beginning of this post have both. Anything you want to add?

And to the person who said a flashing light would get their attention quicker I like that idea. Flashing is good!

Flashing is good, generally garnishes more attention than a steady warning light. If I see a blinky light I look to see why its blinking.

Maybe good, maybe bad, but maybe a strobe, not a blinding strobe, but a noticeable strobe.

maybe you should reread I said to me it would be useless without the buzzer and my whole statement was why you would not want both the whole time. But then again you like to disagree with people on here so maybe i should just leave it be as you will surely type a long winded post in response.

I also agree flashing is beter then steady state.

Intend to use both the flashing light and audible. I am using Yamaheater rock to source my electrical components. ;)!

As for mounting my current thoughts are to have a laser cut plate that sandwiches between the dash and cluster. The plate would extend above the cluster so the light is more easily visible. This concept would allow for easy mounting. Only one hole would be drilled in dash for harness and it would be concealed behind cluster.

maybe you should reread I said to me it would be useless without the buzzer and my whole statement was why you would not want both the whole time. But then again you like to disagree with people on here so maybe i should just leave it be as you will surely type a long winded post in response.

I also agree flashing is beter then steady state.

Nope! You asked, I answered. That made me argumentative and you of course right! End of story.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Above is a picture of a prototype alarm and buzzer that Rock has been working on for me. We will likely add some tabs so it can be secured. I'm currently working on a mounting plate which would bolt on top of the master cylinder. This would be a universal mount for any 4 stroke sled and allow me to keep my costs down with just one design. I will ensure the unit comes with a long enough lead if someone wants to custom locate the unit somewhere else.

The temperature sensor will be installed in a machined aluminium valve cover fill plug. Just unthread the the stock plug and thread the new one in. Very easy install.

View attachment 108732
Above is a picture of a prototype alarm and buzzer that Rock has been working on for me. We will likely add some tabs so it can be secured. I'm currently working on a mounting plate which would bolt on top of the master cylinder. This would be a universal mount for any 4 stroke sled and allow me to keep my costs down with just one design. I will ensure the unit comes with a long enough lead if someone wants to custom locate the unit somewhere else.

The temperature sensor will be installed in a machined aluminium valve cover fill plug. Just unthread the the stock plug and thread the new one in. Very easy install.
Looks good !! ;)!

image.jpg
Here is a pic of the temp sensor installed in our custom valve cover fill plug. This plug will fit all models and makes for easy installation.

Back