• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Error 43 on BRAND NEW Nytro

MNUser

Expert
I have an '08 RTX and tonight it would not start after sitting on the trailer in -10 degree weather. The fuel pump will not cycle so the sled will not start up. I see after searching that it is a Fuel System issue. I pulled the sled into the heated garage hoping that warming it up it will take off. This sled has 152 miles on it!

I also have an '07 Phazer that is doing the same thing. The pump will not cycle but it does not flash the error code. It was sitting on the trailer next to the Nytro.

Man, I'm in seriously bummed tonight. I though I was buying Yamaha sleds in an attempt to bypass crap like this. So, I have 15,000 in sleds in the garage tonight that will not start.....

Any ideas? I checked the fuses and they were all OK. I'm stuck with no ideas left!

Had that happen on my 08 MTX about two weeks ago - safe fuel code. We were out riding and the temp dropped to -27c on the way home, then we left the sleds on the deck through dinner. When I went to start it, no cycling.

3 hours in a warm shop and it was good to go - code vanished and it started. Can't be sure, but my thoughts are that it was water in the fuel that had gotten into the fuel system and frozen. I had old gas, and had also been bringing it in and out of the cold with a low fuel level (perfect conditions for condensation in the tank). Warmed it up, added some good ISO antifreeze, and have been smiling ever since. This reminded me to keep the tank full and add a dash of AF at each fill up.

Hope that helps!

That could be

Worked on the Phazer in a heated garage tonight where it was toasty warm and the sled has less than half a tank of gas. Started it up and ran it out to the trailer, shut it off. It sat outside for 4 hours on the trailer till I got home. The temp right now is -12F. When I turn the key the pump will not cycle and pump gas into the sled. I have it back in the garage tonight with the heater running. Will see if this does it. I will also add some gas AF.

I had it in the garage cause it blew the two flanges off the muffler at the exhaust manifold. Sounded like it was running a straight pipe. Had to tear it down and fix that. Made sure that does not happen again.

The Nytro is now running. I took out the fuses, wiped them off and replaced them. It cycled the pump and started right up. Not sure what to think of that.

I will give the Phazer till morning to get its s@hit together.

If it's the ice thing, just two golden rules to remember - always keep the tankfull and use a little gas line AF... ;)!

Just got back from the garage and the Phazer cycled the pump. I took off the seat to let some air get to the tank and I also added some AF to the gas. I did not start it since I did not want to open the garage and let the warm air out. I will do that tomorrow when I put it back together.

Thanks for the help. I will remember the AF thing. Is there a certain brand you use? I bought the HEET brand and added about 3 to 4 tablespoons to each gas tank.

Thanks again. This board saved me a trip to the dealer and most likely a couple 100 dollars!

Fuel pump relay! Very simple fix! Search the forums, there are many threads on the no start issue. Replace your relays but put di-electric grease on all of the new ones before you put them in. I carry spare relays in my pack all of the time, including a starter relay.

just a note there is a spare fuel pump relay taped into the harness right there same thing happend to me last year and replaced it and the other night i seen that

OtherThan said:
Blue 4 - thanks for the note - I'll also check this in the future with mine :rocks:

Roger! Really something we shouldn't have to deal with on new tech like this but we do. Fact is that the relays are cheap and it's very good insurance to have some extras with on the trail in case one should have trouble trail side.

Blue 4's Rule said:
Fuel pump relay! Very simple fix! Search the forums, there are many threads on the no start issue. Replace your relays but put di-electric grease on all of the new ones before you put them in. I carry spare relays in my pack all of the time, including a starter relay.

Just a thought--It seems(reading through all these fuel pump relay freeze ups--one common thing keeps comming up.Most of the sleds are stored in "heated " garages.Is it possible being stored in heated areas that it causes condensation to collect in the relays?Knock wood--my apex-attak & nytro haven't had this happen,are kept in my ice box garage.
Just a thought.

It's is a possibility I guess. However, one can see that the relays are placed nearly directly under that air vent on the hood panel. Deep snow riding can cause quite a bit of snow ingestion and I believe even following on the trail is snow dust for extended periods can eventually cause moisture build up in there. Like you said though, warm, cold, warm, cold could be a culprit as well. Either way I say grease 'em up and carry a few spare with...

Something strange going on - and strange that MN had two act up at the same time on two different sleds - more than coincidence?

Anyone get these aftermarket, like from an auto parts store, or are they genuine dealership material?

Back