• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Evo Handwarmer Flash

Sno-Xr

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro
has anyone had the EVO handwarmer flash, and have you had any odd ball elec. issues since? Been fighting an elec gremlin issue with my Nytro, and the one code that seems to come up consistently is the Handwarmer code. I've stripped the sled down more times than I can count, searching for a wire rub through, corroded spider connectors, Stator Voltage, etc etc. Ive swapped the rectifier and the fuel pump! Ive added grounds...batt. to chassis, chassis to the motor, etc..

When the issue happens, generally the handwarmer code shows up, I go from 14.+V to 12V at the battery while running, and the sled starts missing/acting up. Much like a something is grounding out, robbing the ignition system of consistant Voltage/amperage.

Im to the point of swapping out the ECM, but dont like the idea of throwing parts....and $$$ at something without being confident its the issue, or at the least....testing everything I possibly can!

Any input would be greatly appretiated

Sno

To be clear, the issues started a few years after having the flash done. Curious as if long term issues could arise. Also had replaced the battery shortly before the issue started, but kinda ruled it out since I still have a solid 12v at the batt. when the code flies, and the battery passes(V/amps) when tested at the local Advanced Auto.

Back