• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EVO Nytro Performance ECU Reflash!!

I'm just not 100% clear on using this mod in addition to other power adding mods.
For example, if you have a Hurricane intake & exhaust mod you would be using their tune in the pcv. And they advertise a gain of 18 hp.
So then if you get the reflash done would you be expecting an additional gain in hp?
Also, in the first post Mr Sled said that the reflash changes both fuel and timing. I am wondering wich fuel tune you would be running, and if it's the pcv does that take away from the reflash?

Last edited:
I'm just not 100% clear on using this mod in addition to other power adding mods.
For example, if you have a Hurricane intake & exhaust mod you would be using their tune in the pc5. And they advertise a gain of 18 hp.
So then if you get the reflash done would you be expecting an additional gain in hp?
Also, in the first post Mr Sled said that the reflash changes both fuel and timing. I am wondering wich fuel tune you would be running, and if it's the pc5 does that take away from the reflash?

I would sure if you have a good tune you will not see the gains over stock. I did not see the big gains on the bottom like NOSPro saw... all I experienced is more top end... not sure if its because of how the the timing is changed or what... I am just not sure. Really need EVO to post.

I would sure if you have a good tune you will not see the gains over stock. I did not see the big gains on the bottom like NOSPro saw... all I experienced is more top end... not sure if its because of how the the timing is changed or what... I am just not sure. Really need EVO to post.
I see on their site that they offer a trail flash and a mountain flash. Maybe perhaps you have the trail reflash (top end) and NosPro has the mountain reflash giving him a lot of power on the lower end. I agree a post from EVO would be great with a complete breakdown on their different options, and what different mods work well with their reflash.

I see on their site that they offer a trail flash and a mountain flash. Maybe perhaps you have the trail reflash (top end) and NosPro has the mountain reflash giving him a lot of power on the lower end. I agree a post from EVO would be great with a complete breakdown on their different options, and what different mods work well with their reflash.

I am not sure... I asked Evo to post.

For example, if you have a Hurricane intake & exhaust mod you would be using their tune in the pc5. And they advertise a gain of 18 hp.
Also, in the first post Mr Sled said that the reflash changes both fuel and timing. I am wondering wich fuel tune you would be running, and if it's the pc5 does that take away from the reflash?

With respect to the Hurricane kit, it does not appear that the timing curve is altered, although I am not sure. If they are using stock timing, then there should be a gain by using our reflash.

The Mountain Tune has 1 more degree of timing advance over the lake/trail tune. We have tested this setup with the stock exhaust and an aftermarket exhaust.

Our dyno run starts at approximately 7000 rpms. I am not sure how much power it makes below that rpm, but there is timing added down to 6000 rpms.

The thing about this engine - both Nytro and Viper - it makes maximum hp right at the rev limit and the power climbs very linearly to the rev limit. The revised timing reflects this same characteristic. We saw less gains at lower rpms. With respect to fueling - we change the fueling because of the timing and to compensate for an aftermarket exhaust. Whenever an engine "likes" additional timing, fuel has to be added to compensate for the additional power. The tune is safe with an aftermarket exhaust, however, it was not tested with an intake, so additional fuel may need to be added for this mod.

The thing about this engine - both Nytro and Viper - it makes maximum hp right at the rev limit and the power climbs very linearly to the rev limit. The revised timing reflects this same characteristic. We saw less gains at lower rpms. With respect to fueling - we change the fueling because of the timing and to compensate for an aftermarket exhaust. Whenever an engine "likes" additional timing, fuel has to be added to compensate for the additional power. The tune is safe with an aftermarket exhaust, however, it was not tested with an intake, so additional fuel may need to be added for this mod.

Yet most every other dyno shows the Nytro making peak power anywhere from 8600-8900 and falling off after that. The only Nytros that I've seen make power at 9200 were those equipped with a full Hindle exhaust and an airbox mod.

Last edited:
Is there any plans in the near future to do any dyno testing with a full system ( intake, exhaust and pcv)? A lot of guys that are sticking with there nytro's are running systems like the hurricane power kit. It would be nice to see if your reflash will add even more ponies! Also it would be great to know that the hurricane map adds enough fuel to support the reflash also.

Last edited:
No Offense to these EVO guys, because to some the ecu flash will be worth having proper heated grips (I don't even know what this costs)

But there is no dyno chart. And does the power increase come from adding the exhaust or your tuning? All you get from EVO is vague answers.

I cant say for sure, but if there were 6 extra hp to be made by increasing timing. Why hasn't Ulmer or Hurricane added an Ignition Module to the PCV in their packages? Seems like it would be a no brainer for them. And with the PCV, add a MAP switch and you could run with the timing increase or without, depending on which fuel you have.

No Offense to these EVO guys, because to some the ecu flash will be worth having proper heated grips (I don't even know what this costs)

But there is no dyno chart. And does the power increase come from adding the exhaust or your tuning? All you get from EVO is vague answers.

I cant say for sure, but if there were 6 extra hp to be made by increasing timing. Why hasn't Ulmer or Hurricane added an Ignition Module to the PCV in their packages? Seems like it would be a no brainer for them. And with the PCV, add a MAP switch and you could run with the timing increase or without, depending on which fuel you have.

I wish I had the answers...all I can say is my sled is faster with the flashed box then without. I have Modded exhaust all the way from the engine out, PCV and air-box mod.... I cant explain it... it just works. I sent in an extra CDI to be flashed so if any of you are on a TY ride, I will slap it in and you can see for yourself.

Back