• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EVO Nytro Performance ECU Reflash!!

How many sled lengths faster would you say? I have the same mods as you pretty much, but more power is always a better thing, if it works.

Big Phil, there is a dyno chart in the thread I posted from 2014. The first run is with a slip on, the second run is with the tune and you can see the gain made.

How many sled lengths faster would you say? I have the same mods as you pretty much, but more power is always a better thing, if it works.

I'm going to chime in on this one because of all the testing I have done with my Viper compared to my Nytro. I used my Nytro as a test specimen because my Nytro was way faster than my Viper. I clutched, did an aftermarket exhaust, airbox mod and powercommander to get my Viper to rock, it was beating the Nytro off of the line by 4 lengths and pulling away from the Nytro by the time I got a good combination going. See youtube video Viper against setup Nytro.

My son who rides the Nytro now was complaining of the grips not working good so it was worth the try to get the Nytro performance flash with the heated grip fix. Not only did it fix the heated grips, but made the Nytro once again quicker and faster than my Viper. So, to answer your question, I would say from a stock Nytro with only a secondary helix and spring, I would honestly say 5 lengths better than before. I have posted the testing in the Viper thread I pasted earlier in this thread and our last outing in michigan, my Nytro was even with an OSP Viper turbo till 65 mph, then the turbo pulled away.

And there is a dyno graph out there for the Nytro performance flash....I believe it is in the Viper thread I pasted.

NYTRONATUNEDYNOGRAPHS_zpse49da708.jpg

No Offense to these EVO guys, because to some the ecu flash will be worth having proper heated grips (I don't even know what this costs)

But there is no dyno chart. And does the power increase come from adding the exhaust or your tuning? All you get from EVO is vague answers.

I cant say for sure, but if there were 6 extra hp to be made by increasing timing. Why hasn't Ulmer or Hurricane added an Ignition Module to the PCV in their packages? Seems like it would be a no brainer for them. And with the PCV, add a MAP switch and you could run with the timing increase or without, depending on which fuel you have.

Ulmer did play with timing using a power commander control module and saw no gains. My Nytro was tuned by Hurricane using the Rapid Bike 3 which has timing control. Some timing was added from idle to just off 6-6500...Dave too saw no signifcant gains.
Personally I don't see a benefit to running 91 octane....I make 18 hp over a stock sled and run 87 that I can find anywhere. That being said, Mr Sleds 4 mph gain sounds appealing and while I question the dyno charts on this mod....you can't argue with real world results like Toms. I'm curious to see what it would do with my mods and if I would have issues in the event I had to run 87...you just can't get 91 everywhere on the trail up north. I plan on making the switch to a PC5 and auto tune next year....maybe add this tune as well...not sure, still on the fence.

I did not race anything side by side. I ran out of snow to finish testing but I did run my base line run 4 to 6 time and then ran it with the Evo Box and saw more MPH in every one back to back.... as I stated, If anyone is in my area and would like to try it, its a pretty easy change.

that's huge......i really thinking of this for next winter....just wonder how it works with PCV and KNS filters

Would be nice if there was a PCV map available to go with the re-flash. I personally don't have the confidence to sit down and adjust the cells. Unless I don't need to adjust the PC I think I might look at this along with a clutch(s) OD set-up.

No Offense to these EVO guys, because to some the ecu flash will be worth having proper heated grips (I don't even know what this costs)

But there is no dyno chart. And does the power increase come from adding the exhaust or your tuning? All you get from EVO is vague answers.

I cant say for sure, but if there were 6 extra hp to be made by increasing timing. Why hasn't Ulmer or Hurricane added an Ignition Module to the PCV in their packages? Seems like it would be a no brainer for them. And with the PCV, add a MAP switch and you could run with the timing increase or without, depending on which fuel you have.

We published a dyno chart last year on this site when we released this tune. Factory Yamaha race teams run increased timing on their race sleds. Why would a factory race team run additional timing if there was no benefit? Also, timing makes the sled more responsive and accelerate harder. Definitely adding timing or optimizing timing for higher octane fuels increases power. What specific question would you like to have answered that has not been answered on this thread?

Last edited:
We published a dyno chart last year on this site when we released this tune. Factory Yamaha race teams run increased timing on their race sleds. Why would a factory race team run additional timing if there was no benefit? Also, timing makes the sled more responsive and accelerate harder. Definitely adding timing or optimizing timing for higher octane fuels increases power. What specific question would you like to have answered that has not been answered on this thread?

The factory race team sleds likely run race fuel, and higher compression as well. I believe the factory race Nytros also have 2 injectors per cylinder, so there is alot of different stuff going on than a production Nytro motor.

I was just wondering how you get extra power from the increased timing when other tuners added timing and saw no increase in power. I don't want to bash your product or anything, just skeptical. But hey, if it works it works. 4 mph is a pretty good increase.

Also what would happen if I had to run 87 octane with your ecu flash? Sometimes gas stations in the middle of nowhere only have 87 octane available.

The factory race team sleds likely run race fuel, and higher compression as well. I believe the factory race Nytros also have 2 injectors per cylinder, so there is alot of different stuff going on than a production Nytro motor.

I was just wondering how you get extra power from the increased timing when other tuners added timing and saw no increase in power. I don't want to bash your product or anything, just skeptical. But hey, if it works it works. 4 mph is a pretty good increase.

Also what would happen if I had to run 87 octane with your ecu flash? Sometimes gas stations in the middle of nowhere only have 87 octane available.

Depending upon the type of race, yes they may run other mods, or they are 100% stock except for ECU mods. Power Commanders are not the same as modifying the factory ECU timing tables. For one, without a cam AND crank sensor, a piggyback can only do an approximation of timing changes. All of our tuning was done with 91 Octane fuel. Although I don't think 87 would hurt the engine based upon how durable they are under boost, still we can only recommend 91 Octane.

Thanks for the replies evo. Might have to try this out for next year, exchange rates suck for us Canadians here though. Hopefully you guys have a summer sale for us TY guys
X2

Back