• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EVO turbo build video

Great video! I liked everything but the arctic cat jacket!;) What is the item that is mounted on the clutch cover? It looked like an electrical device. Is it in any danger there if a belt blows? Why did you decide on an Evo kit instead of MPI? And finally, how were the instructions? Please make us a little clip with it running at some point so we can hear it. Thanks!

Great video! I liked everything but the arctic cat jacket!;) What is the item that is mounted on the clutch cover? It looked like an electrical device. Is it in any danger there if a belt blows? Why did you decide on an Evo kit instead of MPI? And finally, how were the instructions? Please make us a little clip with it running at some point so we can hear it. Thanks!

LOL, I didn't want to get my Yamaha coat greasy! The item on the cover is the EVO control box, I mounted it vertically instead of flat on the cover after I was done. The instructions said to Velcro it flat on the cover and I did not like that and changed it. As far as the MPI I wanted the closed system, as in no GEMS controller and especially the 210hp/275hp switch on the fly. If I wish to go to the pain of buying 100LL I can run the 275hp and if I do like most times I will buy pump gas and run 210hp. I also bought the turbo flash so make that 210hp more like 220hp at 9700rpm. As far as the instructions, they are rather high level but if you combine instructions with the video and have moderate to advanced mechanical skills you should be ok....but I recommend a dealer install it if you have any doubts. The parts quality of the EVO tuff was top notch, the soft parts need a little trimming here and there.

The test run on asphalt was incredible on the 275hp setting, can't wait for tomorrow night to test on real snow.

How is oil change access going to be with that heat exchanger down in there?

Why is yours so different from the one on the EVO site?

Last edited:
How is oil change access going to be with that heat exchanger down in there?

Why is yours so different from the one on the EVO site?

I suspect when the time comes I will remove the 4 bolts holding the cooler and move it enough to get filter access. Not sure on the diff but mine is one of 3 models of turbo EVO sells.

Back