• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell Mountain Lite Exhaust Question

Turtle

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Polaris Switchback 800 Pro S LE
'15 Viper RTX SE w/ MPI turbo - sold
'07 FX Phazer GT
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this question ... So if it isn't, will one of the mods please move it - thanks.

Regarding my question ... Has anyone installed the Excell Mountain Lite exhuast? It's the one that dumps under the tunnel. I've done the search, and didn't find too much. I found a few threads that talked about it, but nothing from anyone who actual installed it.

Does anyone have it installed? If so, how did it turn out? How loud is it compared to stock?

Have installed one on a supercharged Vector Mtn and it worked out great. With the light weight seat and the Mtn Lite exhaust I think it lost around 25 lbs total weight. The exhaust is made more for the mountains though and has a definite "bark" to it when you drop the hammer! IMO it may be a little loud for trails in WI, but call Aaron and see if he can use a different center core possibly to quiet it down.

Thanks for the info. I have sent an email off to Aaron - and he said the same thing ... it's definitely made for the mountains.

Does anyone know of an under the tunnel exhaust that is not loud?

I'd think it would be easy enough to make one or find one from another aplication that fits.

anything thats shorter with a turn down tip.

maybe something like in one of the corvete mufflers that dump on the same end that they pickup might almost be a bolt in for what you want.

make some masurements and look through some catalogs for something thats close.

could you just drill a hole in the bottom of the stock muffler and weld a pipe in there to keep the packing from blowing out and lost block off the stock exit?

Back