• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extra fuel on a fx nytro

yammi4ever

VIP Member
Here is what I did on my nytro, had the boys at Muffinworks make the rack to my specs and put some heat reflective material on the can (really don't think I need it though. Not sure how this would work on a stocker as mine has the powderlites kit on it. I use this same set up on when i convert it to a 159 incher to go west only I put the tail light back on with the factory plastics.

Gives me an extra 2.5 gallon and still gives me room to strap my sno-bunge on the other side. Storage still has to come from the windshield bag (larger windshield) or backpack.

The can is made by scepter and is the eco can I think they called it.

Attachments

• IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1289.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 698

I would rather you contact muffinworks for that, as they ran into a problem when making mine (original design had several bends in it to accomodate the tail light mounting) and they ended up eating some of the cost to get this design to me. I would guess them to be cheaper than you might think though.

I gave around $20 for the can from Gemplers. Been quite a while since I ordered it, so I think that is close. I came in quite a bit cheaper than the trail tank and didn't have to give up the fit and finish to do it. Other than the poor colors of straps LOL. Hope to fix that before next year.

TOURBUDDY in Canada makes a tank that fits over the taillight. All you do is fill it and forget it. tourbuddy.com. I think the cost is 180.00 you have to run your vent line into their tank. They make them specificly for each sled model. I had one a 2002 MXZ works very good. It holds 3.4gal

I moved my tailight down to the holes from the reflector. They match up perfectly. I carry saddle bags with 2.5 gallons in each when I am going on long trips. If I don't need them, I can just take them off. That rack does looks nice though.

rxmaninblack said:
TOURBUDDY in Canada makes a tank that fits over the taillight. All you do is fill it and forget it. tourbuddy.com. I think the cost is 180.00 you have to run your vent line into their tank. They make them specificly for each sled model. I had one a 2002 MXZ works very good. It holds 3.4gal

I gave some serious thought to this tourbuddy, but just couldn't stand the way it looked. The system does sound great though. I suppose some don't like seeing a gas can on the sled, but it looks more natural and really fits in out west where most everyone is carrying fuel.

I like the Yamaha bags with the gas tanks...Part # SMA-8GL63-30-00

Attachments

• XTX.JPG
    XTX.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 701
IMO One of the best features of the Tour buddy is it is refilling the main tank as you ride. You don't have to stop and transfer. It gets the added weight of the fuel off the rear of the sled right away.
As an added bonus once you r buddy figures out he needs gas you Tour buddy will have been long empited, so you don't have to share the gas you packed in!!

I'll have my tour buddy this week sometime, holds alot of extra gas and not messing around with pouring gas in and losing gas cans and such. Its not the prettiest thing but I choose function first.

Does anyone have any reviews on the tour buddy? I am seriously thinking about getting one, I can get past the look of it if it doesn't have any issues. The fit and finish could be a little better but I'll take function over fashion for this one.

justinator said:
I'll have my tour buddy this week sometime, holds alot of extra gas and not messing around with pouring gas in and losing gas cans and such. Its not the prettiest thing but I choose function first.

what is your opinion on if and how the tour buddy affects the sleds weight bias (front to rear) as in handling and / or suspension function?

The way I see it, the tour buddy will be emptied or atleast running down by the time you get to the play areas so the weight won't be a problem.

The tour buddy is ugly and adds extra wt on the rear. The Yamaha saddle bag tanks have to be filled then transfered by hand to the fuel tank when needed (also adds wt on rear). The trail tank is a little pricey but I think its the best option and can look OEM. The extra wt is centered, installation is easy and you have only one gas cap. I'm happy with mine.

015.jpg

Back