• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extra fuel on a fx nytro

I have a set of Yamaha side mount tanks. They're in brand new condition, used for 1 trip. pm me if anyone is interested. I'll let them go at a good deal.

I like the Yamaha bags with the gas tanks...Part # SMA-8GL63-30-00
I also liked the Yamaha bags with the gas tanks until this last year while I was the last sled in the group and when we got to our destination one of my saddlebags with full can of gas was missing. It pulled the bolt right thru the tunnel. Sucks because I wasn't sure where to even start looking.

I have a 2 gallon rotopax with a skins bag on top on my tunnel, but i have a mtx and built the exhaust down under the tunnel.

I also liked the Yamaha bags with the gas tanks until this last year while I was the last sled in the group and when we got to our destination one of my saddlebags with full can of gas was missing. It pulled the bolt right thru the tunnel. Sucks because I wasn't sure where to even start looking.

I got rid of mine last year...pain in the a$$ when stuck + they were bending my tunnel.

Been awhile since I did this, but I am certain the heat shield wrap, is from a fuel tank on an apex or vector. Part # is 8fp-24141-00-00. That's a yamaha part number, but I bet u could buy else where.
Just an fyi, never had any issues with my the set up I used,
Thanks, I'm pretty sure a tank on the back will be fine any way, as Long as it doesn't touch the metal then it should be fine, even if it is a a couple inches from the exhaust

I have put about 15000km on my 2009 Nytro with a LinQ doo can on the tunnel. In order to install the can, I needed to relocate the tail light to the rear where the reflector is, to install an exhaust turnout and use a couple of aluminum channels to install the LinQ on as the Nytro tunnel is too narrow at the top due to the taper. If you go this way, make sure you install the exhaust turnout with 4 rivets approx. 90* from each other. The turnout moves too much with only one or two rivets and the rivets will fail.

How much fuel does the tt add? And the tour buddy? Can you add both by any chance?

Back