• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extrovert driver compatability

nytrozula

Expert
I have a 2008 Nytro that I want to install extrovert drivers to. Will the drivers from the newer 2013 Nytro fit on the 2008 shaft? I see the part numbers are slightly different for the shafts. 8HF-47511-10-00(2013 Nytro) and 8GL-47511-00-00(2008 Nytro) Do drivers from an Apex fit? I also hear that there are Ski Doo drivers that would fit as well. What changes were made to the drive shaft since 2008?

Last edited:

I would like to know the same thing. Did they change the driveshaft diameter on the 2013.

trail nytros have 2 axel designs that are completely different and cannot be interchanged - the old one with no drivers (2,52 pitch - 121) and the new one with drivers (2,86 pitch - 120) - to run drivers on the old axel, your best bet is to buy avid drivers and push em on. you can also buy an 11 or newer apex axle assembly and move all the drivers down .800 and cut that much off the chain case end and use a shorter bolt for the lower gear. i dont like the 2.86 pitch because theres less teeth - more driving force per tooth and if you use double backers which are the best for not pulling out - they go around the diameters harder because the plates are bigger and it feels like a vibrating catapiller after 90 so its best to do single backers with 2.86. i run the cut apex axel on 1 sled, avid drivers on another and stock newer nytro on another - and i also like to run added apex cogs cut off on 1 side for the outside = what happened to outside drivers - the wider the better - they need drivers all the way across - not just in the middle. and 4 wheels in back - not 2 or 3 - come on. again, wider is way better. everyones going backwards with these new tracks and wheels in the rear or less of everything and why run a single ply track - if you ever blew a track at 110 - ill take the stronger one please for 3 or 4 pounds and picking them sucks. special picks and plates, extra money. this was a big trial and error area. lots of errors - i like 4 old style drivers with added extravert drivers so 6 all together - 2.52 pitch - 2 ply clipped and open every hole and 4 wheels in back. lots of studs and 100 hp super add. if your changing the track - ya have to do the 128 or 129 upgrade. nytros need a longer wheel base for better trail and off trail ability. a arm extension is also a huge upgrade.
- my advise is = on an old axel - push off the old drivers and push on avids, id also push on the old outer drivers also for exrta support, especially if your running over 175 hp.
- if you need a new track - why get another 121 - id get the same axel as above, 128 2.52 pitch 2 ply clipped every hole and a star suspension mover kit. and 4 wheels in back is a must.
- the 11 - 15 apex axel is 2.52 pitch and a bigger hex - it works better but you need to do some math and move the cogs and cut the end off, i like to add stock apex 1 side cut off drivers to the ends also and stuff like that. ive got all the numbers and prints for all this crap. it was tough but well worth it. i just put metal custom cut press fit shims in between all the cogs and moved them all down the shaft at once - easy - ya.....
- if ya already have the newer nytro with drivers - all ya have to do when ya need a track is add the 129 track and star kit. im not done figureing out how to install outer drivers on this axel for the outer end driver add on. probally going to buy another set of drivers and cut em down, then push em on the ends.

never said anything about avid drivers on the outside - i wouldnt do that because of expense. but i would install the stockers on the outside stock shaft after the exraverts are placed where they belong in center area, not really for driving so much but for support, these extra drivers put support across the whole track area in front instead of just in the center stopping at the track window, theres another 3 inches per side on the outside that needs support. imagine if you rode a cat with 2 wheels in the back like they all are, and now china vipers - when you tighten the track alot because all newer cats ratchet until 14 when they finally fixed it and added drivers - all the stress is in the center compaired to if you had 4 wheels it would be more even across the whole track area. if you tighten it alot - its going to balloon around the 2 wheels - this tears up tracks by the way. i would never run 2 wheels in the center area on a sled making more than 100 hp. period - another bozo no no all manufactures are doing - big mistake.. the 2.86 pitch is the reason we all ratchet now without extraverts - again, its the wrong direction for safety and performance. but it does save money for them.

Great explanation for extraverts. I'm smarter now, thanks for the info. Got me thinking about adding the fourth wheel kit to my XTX. :rocks:

4 th wheel is almost a freebee - buy a cheap black wheel for 20 bucks - take the axel out - cut the long alum rod where the 4th wheel belongs into 2 pieces measuring 4.375 and .975 - and assemble -
- the issue with no wheel in the middle area is - if you loose an outer wheel - the track can slide over, derail and lock up with no warning - bad bad bad = if your standing up - its over and its always bad - this happened to my daughter and she bit it bad - totaled the sled - bruised her up good - good thing we were riding in 5 foot in the u. p. - every sled should have the 4th wheel !!!! plus if your on a trip and ya loose one - ya still have 3. i take a bearing inner with me in case this happens on the trail and i have to remove a wheel - the bearing acts as a spacer if you have to remove a wheel because of a blown bearing or something. taking an extra wheel is a better idea, i try to do both but if my buddy blows a wheel - he gets the bearing, unless he has a 3 wheel stock set up - in that case wheels on the trail are reaaaal expensive.

I sell new extros for $70 a set. Can also sell whole shaft with them pressed on. Check out my website for more info.

Back