• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EZ Ryde 144"

micaelaman

Veteran
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX 162, Arctic Cat M800 HCR
Hello guys,

So i took a gamble and bought a used EZ Ryde suspension. It was cheap so I didn’t have it much faith in it. However it was worse than I thought. The previous is apparently a dork.

There is so many errors on the suspension it is almost ready for the bin.

• The mounting plates is homemade and don’t fit

• The swing arm is broken

• The rails is broken in 4 places (2 on each side), this I knew

• Not one bolt is the same as on other. Metric and imperial, torx and allen…..

Because of the above I ‘don’t even know if it is a Nytro suspension at all.
To see it its worth to try to fix it I need to compare it to a “known” suspension.

So does anyone has a EZ Ryde 144” suspension that can help me with info and measurements?

Attachments

• 20160911_220453.jpg
    20160911_220453.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 20160911_214850.jpg
    20160911_214850.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 20160911_201444.jpg
    20160911_201444.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 20160911_201439.jpg
    20160911_201439.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 149

Thanks Pete,

I have looked at that page and i found som usefull info. Still i don't know if i have an suspension for a nytro..... or if it is the right shocks etc. :(

If there are any serial numbers on the suspension. They may be able to shed some light on which suspension you have. Worth a try.

Pete

Yes one might think so. But i can't find any numbers on any part of the suspension except from the shocks. One of the shocks seems to be a standard Nytro XTX and the other is a Fox float pro zero.

EZ Ryde have been helpful providing info, but i think they have gotten tierd of my questions. I think they want to sell me a new one instead. :)

Yes one might think so. But i can't find any numbers on any part of the suspension except from the shocks. One of the shocks seems to be a standard Nytro XTX and the other is a Fox float pro zero.

EZ Ryde have been helpful providing info, but i think they have gotten tierd of my questions. I think they want to sell me a new one instead. :)

Was it the skid that were for sale on blocket for 5000 sek recently? The seller stated in the add that the rails were cracked?

Yupp thats correct. I bought it from "blocket". I knew the rails was cracked (which I also stated in the my first post).

It was a gamble and it was cheap so i knew that it probably would need some TLC.... :)

I now have good contact with the previous owner and he had bought it on a sled, so he was not aware of the problems. So i have no hard feeling against him. He took it of and sold it cheap.

What i don't like about it, (very common in DIY community) is the mixture of bolts and nuts. Some are metric and some are imperial. Some are hex and some are allen and some are torx. There are even nuts from wooden furniture on it. I don't think it is EZ Ryde put it there. It must be some crazy swede who didn't bother to get the real stuff and used what he had laying aorund. :)

I have worked out a plan to repair the swing arm.

Now I just want to know what i have bought and see if i can use it.

Yupp thats correct. I bought it from "blocket". I knew the rails was cracked (which I also stated in the my first post).

It was a gamble and it was cheap so i knew that it probably would need some TLC.... :)

I now have good contact with the previous owner and he had bought it on a sled, so he was not aware of the problems. So i have no hard feeling against him. He took it of and sold it cheap.

What i don't like about it, (very common in DIY community) is the mixture of bolts and nuts. Some are metric and some are imperial. Some are hex and some are allen and some are torx. There are even nuts from wooden furniture on it. I don't think it is EZ Ryde put it there. It must be some crazy swede who didn't bother to get the real stuff and used what he had laying aorund. :)

I have worked out a plan to repair the swing arm.

Now I just want to know what i have bought and see if i can use it.

Where do you live? If you live close I can maybe help you with some laser cutting of parts etc.

Weldion, You got PM :)

Is your plan to weld the rails or buy new ones or what? Do you have any licensed welder that will help you?

I haven't decided yet. First I need to repair the swing arm. After that I will focus on the rails.

Hello guys!
Manage to fix the swing arm. I had to build a jig and remove the whole bottom linkage and flanges. But i Think i got it straight and strong.
However, now i have problem with track ratching. It't not all the time, it's just under heavy load. i have the track as tight as i dare to go.
I'm thinking of buying Avids, but the stock drivers are extroverts aswell.
Are Avids better than the stock ones in terms of preventing ratching?

Back