• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Factory Yamaha " computer scanning tool " does one

I know where the starter relay is, never even thought of that I will check it today.
After buying the sled new for two years never really did a deep clean...the spring prior to putting it away I pressure washed it for the first time....could be the prob....
And I did Do all the checks from speedo.....all things responded correctly from the hand warmer toggle with zero code generating....

Checked starter relay " no corosion " now the sled started today and idled lot better but not 100% but won't rev up and out....it's like a switch. One time rev out and no idle only starts giving it throttle...next time turn the key and poof " idle with out throttle but no rev out.... Hard to believe no one has had same problem.....guess I gota wait for manual to see what's next

Mills said:
Scott - I cannot find the post I put in the General Talk area. If you want a free copy I can burn it onto a CD and send it to you. PM me if you want one.
If several others want it, I would prefer to put it on this site somehow. anyone know how to put a 50+ MB file on this site?
I downloaded it from your post but also cant find it now. If you google Yamaha nytro service manual it comes up as the first search item and it's a pdf you can save to your computer

for those of you following this post I did find the website were I was able to download the 2008 - 2010 service/tech manuals. I put a new thread in the Nytro General Talk section with the address listed in it.

For those people following this, i down loaded the Yamaha manual with the help of a great fellow member. well after many checks and double checks I concluded that the igniter / CDI box is bad.... Yamaha wants like $750. at a discount
Ordered a good used one from a dealer in NH that had just started parting out sleds.
$213.00 shipped to the door, got the package today opened the box checked it out no damage. installed it and WOW.... started and went to fast cold idle 2500-2800 steady RPMs less than a minute later 2400-2300-2150-1900-1850-1700-1650 ish perfecto ! just like the day I brought it home with zero miles.....
thanks for all the help from everyone !!!!! I will help and pass on what ever I can in the future... :Rockon: :rocks:

I don't understand why Yamaha snowmobile devision does not have a DLC connector. Every EFI Yamaha outboard and PWC does. We have all the software to read and troubleshoot systems. Plus being able to take a 30 second snap shot of loads while running from idle to WOT. Plus the ECM stores a history of rpm, trouble odes, hrs ect. Crazy to not have this available.

Sure it did. I was merrily expressing a displeasure about the Yamaha devision with me DLC connection or ability to store history like the outboard and pwc devisions.

Back