• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

first ride

krbart

Veteran
I put about 70 miles on my 2009 nytro xtx and I found out a few things. First, it rides pretty good. It is dialed in pretty good for me, I might tinker a little but not too bad. Great power, i love the acceleration. This is a sled I could get used to.
A few things I wasn't so sure about:
The hand warmers suck bad. They barely got luke warm and it was cold that night. I will have to fork out money for yamaheaters. Also, after idling a while and not moving, it got a temp light. Is there an electric fan on the radiator or is it free air only cause when I drove it, it was fine. Lastly, where does the spare belt go on this thing.

I really like this sled. It has great potential and buddies riding other brands are basically drooling over this thing so that doesn't hurt either, lol.

:Rockon: :-o

stock spare belt location is in the nose tool bag...for about $5 you can get a belt clip and rivit it to the top of the belt guard....

Just shut it off when you are not driving it. The sled will shut itself off to prevent damage but might as well save some fuel.

x2 on the belt clip.

Suggestions for modifications:
- Mountain Tech Skid Plate (must!)
- Skis (nice to have)
- OFT Relocation kit (improves steering effort)
- Clutch kit from Ulmer (really helps with get up and go)

krbart said:
Spent 205 bucks on yamaheaters today. I hope their as good as they say
you will like them.... def get a mountaintech skidplate. best thing for a nytro

Tyloooor said:
if you ride at night a lot....might want to look into a better set of headlights...

I highly recommend an HID kit if you ride at night....night and day difference (pun intended) and you can get the full kit for less than $100 with a plug and play installation that takes less than an hour to install (and that's taking your time)....and if you ever have a problem while you are on the trail you can put the old ones back in (provided you have them with you)!

Cool ideas guys. I'll try this stuff when I can. Probably get some storage on it somewhere too.

Weld a plate on the out side of the steering knuckles where the ball joint is mounted
See the picture in my post kjpull (NYTRO steering knuckle concerns beware). Don't let this deter you from riding but this is a problem with several of these sleds. (they are awesome sleds)
Also skis are a must (I use the KIMPEX ARROW 2 with dual carbides)

I highly recommend an HID kit if you ride at night....night and day difference (pun intended) and you can get the full kit for less than $100 with a plug and play installation that takes less than an hour to install (and that's taking your time)....and if you ever have a problem while you are on the trail you can put the old ones back in (provided you have them with you)!

Sloan188, what are the HIDs that you bought? I am looking for an affordable set for mine while I have it all apart.

DDMTuning based on recommendations from Grizz....

www.ddmtuning.com

I looked for my invoice but couldn't find it (only the bill at approx. $67 USD). I'd recommend searching for other threads to ensure you buy the right stuff but I'm pretty sure I ordered:
35W kit
H4 Hi/Lo (Hi don't really make a difference)
4500K (I'm least certain about the color and there is a lot of discussion about this)
Mounting brackets for 35W ballasts
dual in, dual out HID harness

Back