• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fit and finish of current model trail tank

NH_Nytro

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
2007 Rs Vector
I just ordered a trail tank for my nytro, I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the fit and finish is like on the newest batch of tanks, there site says the stock panel zues clips will fit, hoping for a stock look or close as possible.

I bought one last fall from them and am very happy with it. The stock dzeus fasteners will work, but are super tight at first. It comes with a couple of longer ones, the only problem is that they don't use retainer washers like the stock ones. So this summer I am going to look for a few little longer dzeus clips that have retainer washers and all will be good.

Ordered and installed one last fall. No issues with installation and fitment on the sled, very happy with it (looks and extra range that it offers). I didn't want to fight with the fasteners (stock ones are a bit short, and end up being too tight *if* you can get them to catch, IMO) so I ordered some longer DZUS fasteners though kurveygirl.com. Use the 2 longer ones you get with the new tank to figure out what lengths to use at each fastener location, then order longer ones if you want. I believe the 2 you get with the tank are 21mm (if memory serves). I ordered 2 of the 18mm fasteners, and used 2 that were around 16mm that I had from my side deflectors. The stock ones are about 14mm I think (again, from memory). I am also using some neoprene washers/spacers that I got from the local hardware store. Anyway, that was the only thing that isn't "perfect" with the TT, but really not a big deal to work through.

I just installed the newest tank about a month ago. It fits good with no issues at all. I did use the stock fasteners because the ones that they supply were just too long. It looks pretty close to factory. I'm sure I could make it look a little better but I didn't want to cut any of the factory plastic.

I just ordered a trail tank for my nytro, I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the fit and finish is like on the newest batch of tanks, there site says the stock panel zues clips will fit, hoping for a stock look or close as possible.
I installed one last October and it was great, they give you two longer zues clips for top of the tank, instructions are good.

Hey nh vmax! I bought a tank two seasons ago, so mine has a slightly rough finish to it. It fits real good, using stock fasteners. I did trim the top tank trim panel to clean up the install. Go to go!

I have mine installed, I went for the clear as they were out of stock of the black, it fit well but the stock fasteners wouldn't fit and the ones they sent are too loose:) so I will be ordering others before season.

Trim the plastic pice that runs over the centre of the tank. Leave a small lip and buy black trim to hid the cut edge. It will look fantastic. My tank looks completely stock. I ended up using the longer fasteners. This was 2 seasons ago so there may have been smaller changes to the tanks since. Very happy with it. Game changer for the Nytro.
MS

I did use some black car door trim on mine, shoot and post some pics if you don't mind, I would like to see just what you did.

The sled is up north so I will have to get them to you in a week or so. But ya, I bought trim from a auto place, its a u-shaped plastic channel, peel and stick on. When you trim the plastic piece just leave enough room (appox 1/2") so the trim covers the edge. Most people have no idea that tank is a mod.
MS

Back