• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel pump relay replacement

dfroster

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Arctic Cat Thundercat EPS
I need to replace the fuel pump relay on my 2011 Nytro XTX with the newer solid state relay. Is it a simple pull out old and pop in new? Or more to it? Appreciate any input, advice, instruction, etc.

It is simple in that you don't need any special knowledge, skillset or tools, however, I did an extension and track swap last year, as well as swapping the fuel relay, and the relay was the biggest PITA out of everything I did. Helps to have rubber hands or girlie-sized hands. I'm sure you can remove a bunch of junk to get to it easier but I was too stubborn to do that.

I found that if I pulled all the relays out (off the bracket still connected to wire harness) it was fairly easy to change them. Replace the load and fan relay while your at it. Cheap insurance.

How did you do it?
Sorry, forgot that part. I pulled the relay out and replaced it with a new one. LOL. That's it, just need to get access to it. There are tabs that need to be pried up so that the relay will release from the holder. Like Yannie said, there is a rubber holder that holds the relays, it slides over a metal bracket. You can pop that entire relay holder off which allows you to angle it in anyway that you find beneficial. Either way, it is in a tight spot. You will figure it out once you get in there. Check this out:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/solid-state-fuel-relay.126059/

Excellent link. Thanks! The owners manual should identify which relay if for the fuel pump. Probably be gashing up a few knuckles on this one.

Don't go by the owner's manual. The position of the relays seems to vary from sled to sled. You can identify each relay by the color of the wires going to it, Grizz posted the wire colors in the link I referenced.

It is simple in that you don't need any special knowledge, skillset or tools, however, I did an extension and track swap last year, as well as swapping the fuel relay, and the relay was the biggest PITA out of everything I did. Helps to have rubber hands or girlie-sized hands. I'm sure you can remove a bunch of junk to get to it easier but I was too stubborn to do that.
Does anyone have part numbers for those solid state relays?

The fuel pump relay is the one you can feel go "click" when you turn the key on (not start).

Back