• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Track or Gear Change

srxspec-At the end of last year I was in a hurry at a local race event and was doing some gear changes to try out diffrent ones and I lost the spring that you mention here :Reverse Idler shaft: washer, inside gear, outside gear, washer
***Make sure spring is in between the inside & outside gear*

What exactly does this do?I haven't torn it apart yet this year but I will be changing fluids,gears etc, soon . Just would like some info on this spring here seems i've lost it.

:Rockon: Srxspec

just installed the 1.75 back country, I took pictures also but obviously not enough i had to use this thread for confirmation.

thanks again Srxspec good Job !!!!!!!!!

Gear change

Hey guys i have a 09 nytro MTX and i'm upgrading to a van amburg tunnel and a timbersled 162 skid with a CE 162" track. while i have everything apart i want to change the gearing for the longer track. what should change it too? How much is a new Gear? Where can i order a new gear? and can i just slide it on without having to get a new chain also? i' not boosted either but i may do that next year.

Ok i'm having some problems. It seems like i'm getting the reverse gear right but when i tighten everything up the track won't spin. I've tried about fifty times it seems like the lever is sliding over the gear right and seems to shift right. Does anyone know the torque for the lower gear blot. it seems when i tighten it all the way down the track wont' spin without the cover on but if i loossen it the track and everything will spin normally.... Any suggestions will help.

Have a look in the Nytro FAQ section and there is a download for a service manual on the Nytros. There, you will be able to find the torque settings for all the bolts in question.

I would say that you probably have a spacer or two in the improper location(s), causing the chain to bind. The manual offers diagrams of spacer placement as well.

...or maybe you have the parking brake set?

i have the diagram and eveything is in the right spot and i'm cheking it without putting the break back on so when i fudge it up it's easier to take back apart. i'll check the torque spec. also anyone know how to adjust the chain tensioner corrrectly?

great post used it myself,in answer to the spring I think its just there to hold the two little gears so they cant rattle,it keeps them centered on each other.

tbro47 said:
i have the diagram and eveything is in the right spot and i'm cheking it without putting the break back on so when i fudge it up it's easier to take back apart. i'll check the torque spec. also anyone know how to adjust the chain tensioner corrrectly?

On the chain tension I believe its finger tight, then back off a 1/4 turn. Then tighten the jam nut.

tbro47 said:
Ok i'm having some problems. It seems like i'm getting the reverse gear right but when i tighten everything up the track won't spin. I've tried about fifty times it seems like the lever is sliding over the gear right and seems to shift right. Does anyone know the torque for the lower gear blot. it seems when i tighten it all the way down the track wont' spin without the cover on but if i loossen it the track and everything will spin normally.... Any suggestions will help.

Did you ever figure out the problem? I am having the exact same issue, I have triple checked that everything is where it should be, but I can't spin the drive shaft or jack shaft by hand at all.

Back