• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Track or Gear Change

figured it out, turns out I had the reverse idler gears on backwards, thin gear on the inside and thick gear on the outside, so the outer thick gear was grabbing the outer gear with the cover on and binding up.

Swapped the gears around and everything is back to normal!

big_red1a said:
Does anyone have the measurements for new extro drivers? From end of shaft to each center of extro????
Thanks

here is the info I found using the search, the measurements are for skidoo extros but using the center distance measurements for the drivers should be the same... http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... s&start=30 , Im tackling this project this weekend... hopefully...

Want to check on the broken bolt issue in chaincase

Never have attempted this before,but i want to make sure i don't have a broken bottom gear bolt on my sled. If i follow these instructions and get to the part where you pull the cover off,does anything come falling out? Just want to pull the cover check for the bolt & clean it out & add new oil. Will i have any problems just doing this? Thanks!!!

Re: Want to check on the broken bolt issue in chaincase

theturboman2010 said:
Never have attempted this before,but i want to make sure i don't have a broken bottom gear bolt on my sled. If i follow these instructions and get to the part where you pull the cover off,does anything come falling out? Just want to pull the cover check for the bolt & clean it out & add new oil. Will i have any problems just doing this? Thanks!!!

I wouldnt loose any sleep over the broken bolt, if it has broke. plenty of people on here run without it...
nothing should come falling out though. follow the instructions on the first page and you should be fine. and when puting it back together take your time and you should get the reverse linkage together with very little problems. if things start falling off you have a bigger problem than the broken bolt issue.

big_red1a said:
Does anyone have the measurements for new extro drivers? From end of shaft to each center of extro????
Thanks

Contact ulmer racing, Allen has the measurements. Just did it last weekend. Start from the clutch side and its 4 7/8 to the center of the first driver then from there its 8 7/8 on center between the drivers. Ill look tomorrow to make sure those numbers are correct.

Shout out to Lshobie over on HCS for putthing this vid together>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-9HgGjD ... r_embedded

Although he's replacing non extros, its still a good video.. The old marks on the shaft are key to placing the new ones as well.. From there, test fit the drivers in the track when its out of the sled (just run them over the track by hand to watch tooth placement/ or for clip rubbing) before trying to bolt it all back in.

sorenson1610 said:
big_red1a said:
Thanks

Contact ulmer racing, Allen has the measurements. Just did it last weekend. Start from the clutch side and its 4 7/8 to the center of the first driver then from there its 8 7/8 on center between the drivers. Ill look tomorrow to make sure those numbers are correct.

Just checked, these are the correct measurements. I have a RTX and it fit perfect. He also said that some of the different nytro models have a little different size axles too, so take that into account.

[quote¨] I wouldnt loose any sleep over the broken bolt, if it has broke. plenty of people on here run without it...
nothing should come falling out though. follow the instructions on the first page and you should be fine. and when puting it back together take your time and you should get the reverse linkage together with very little problems. if things start falling off you have a bigger problem than the broken bolt issue.[/quote]

But if the bolt is broken, and you just leave it in there wont it rub a hole through his chaincase if he doesn`t open it up to remove the broken head..

I wouldnt loose any sleep over the broken bolt, if it has broke. plenty of people on here run without it...
nothing should come falling out though. follow the instructions on the first page and you should be fine. and when puting it back together take your time and you should get the reverse linkage together with very little problems. if things start falling off you have a bigger problem than the broken bolt issue.

yamaha06 said:
But if the bolt is broken, and you just leave it in there wont it rub a hole through his chaincase if he doesn`t open it up to remove the broken head..

yes, take it out, I was stating that if the bolt is broken while your in there just put it back together with out the bolt, its really there just to help to keep the bottom gears together while the chaincase cover is off. when it is on all the parts are held in by the case. there is plenty of room on the driveshaft to hold all the parts with out the bolt being there.

To me if you have the chain case all torn apart already, why not replace the bolt?

It was put there for a reason, and that is to hold the driveshaft in place. Without it you are relying on the two set screws on the PTO side bearing to hold it in place from side to side.

About how long does this take approx? (putting 1.75 backcountry track on)

If this is your first track change, then it'll probably take a day.

Great post, great pictures too. Two questions.

Picture under "Bolt holding reverse idler pulley (10mm socket)." Does this bolt actually get removed? Doesn't say

Same thing

"Bolt holding chain tensioner (10mm socket)." Does this bolt actually get removed? Doesn't say

Thanks for clarifying. I'm always worried about springs, or things falling behind a cover where I can't see. Figure always better
to ask questions first.

Jim

Back