• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gauge Pods

northof50

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
14 viper LTX Deluxe
Hello,
I was looking for a gauge pod that would blend in with the factory dash board.
Is there any on the market, or do I have to do this myself?
I am looking to mount an AFR gauge & boost Gauge.
Thanks for your help.

not sure if there is any out there that will look "factory" but this is what i did to keep the factor look and keep it clean. its a 8 dollar bicycle handlebar bag
that fits the gauges and holds all of the extra wires perfectly. the gauges and gauge bracket are from hurricane performance.

th
DSC00700.JPG
DSC00701.JPG

not sure if there is any out there that will look "factory" but this is what i did to keep the factor look and keep it clean. its a 8 dollar bicycle handlebar bag
that fits the gauges and holds all of the extra wires perfectly. the gauges and gauge bracket are from hurricane performance.

thView attachment 97759View attachment 97760
Nice work!
Thank you. For the input.

I now have a plan!

Like the stealth mount. Was told that Pat's in Greenland MI had a push turbo sled this winter and that they had mounted the gauges into the black plastic flares that are on each side of the steering column. Basically on each side of the handle bar bag. I did not see it first hand and would love to see a pic if anyone has one. The flares are about three inches wide just before the stock gauges and there is nothing for four inches under them. Was thinking the two inch gauges from AEM would fit in there fairly well. Just another idea.

Now that is cool, sleeper cool!!!!

Does anyone know if you can mount the gauges in the dash to the left or right of the steering post? Cat has their intake vents pulling from that spot so if yamaha has not filled it with something it should be ok.

Like the stealth mount. Was told that Pat's in Greenland MI had a push turbo sled this winter and that they had mounted the gauges into the black plastic flares that are on each side of the steering column. Basically on each side of the handle bar bag. I did not see it first hand and would love to see a pic if anyone has one. The flares are about three inches wide just before the stock gauges and there is nothing for four inches under them. Was thinking the two inch gauges from AEM would fit in there fairly well. Just another idea.

Yes they do have them there but they are unreadable when driving the sled.

My custom made mount, this is the first go around. The second one has the gauges closer together and set back under the windshield further.

Attachments

• IMAG0617.jpg
    IMAG0617.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 287
  • IMAG0619.jpg
    IMAG0619.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 339
Yes they do have them there but they are unreadable when driving the sled.
What I meant was they are facing upwards in those holes and tucked under the handlebars. You cannot read them when driving fast or at WOT like a gauge that is mounted just below the windshield lip above teh dash pod.

Back