• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gearing Chart

TPAY243

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX SE
Does anyone have or know off were i can get the gear ratio's with the driver information that ULLMER had on his old web site i cant seem to be able to find it on his new one. I have a 2014 viper ltx with Hurrican 190 turbo kit ,Daves clutch kit , and 24/41 gearing. The clutches are not machined for overdrive i need to know what the top mph is with this set up. Thinking about going to 21/41 gearing any input on this whould be highly apprecieated

111.7 at 8950 RPM for the 21/41. 127.7 for the 24/41 if that's what you have. Stock was 24/50 which is 104.7. 24/41 doesn't sound right.

Thanks SnoNinja that is what i'm looking for 24/41 is what i have now per Dave at Hurrican, seems to work well just wondering if i would have a little better hole shot and midrange with 21/41, maybe not it might spin the track a lot more. I have the gears maybe on my next oil change i'll put them in and see what happens. If anyone has tried these two different ratios i would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks SnoNinja that is what i'm looking for 24/41 is what i have now per Dave at Hurrican, seems to work well just wondering if i would have a little better hole shot and midrange with 21/41, maybe not it might spin the track a lot more. I have the gears maybe on my next oil change i'll put them in and see what happens. If anyone has tried these two different ratios i would like to hear your thoughts.
Hi. I have a 2014 LTX se non turbo with the 21/41 gear change. The only thing I lost was a little less pull out of the hole. I have a few mods but I have no regrets changing them. It really pulls well to 90/95. Long pull on hard road to 106/107 mph. Hope this helps ya

Here's 2 charts that should be helpful, using the bikeman formula it's simple to figure top speeds.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,357
  • image.png
    image.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 3,213
Thank's Cannondale27 Those charts will help a ton do you know off hand what size the drivers are and the pitch. I pretty much used this short season to get all the bugs worked out since the turbo installation and now the next step will be clutching and gearing although i don't think it is to far off.

here ya go first one Is the CAT chart 2nd is Ulmer's -sorry do not know why it is so small on here but copy and paste it and then you can enlarge it.

gearing chart.png

Gearing Chart Ulmer.jpg

Guys if you have a smart phone there are apps for gearing. Just input rpm, gears and choose drivers from chart and it calculates for you. I use one called Speed Calc on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys this will save me a lot of time trying to find this stuff.

Ok so this is what i came up with comparing my Viper to the new SideWinder (well as far as the drive train).The SW LTX 137 1 1/4 track 9T drivers x 2.86 pitch 21/41 gearing which is a 1.95 ratio running 8jp belt =120 mph compared to my VIPER LTX 137 1 1/4 track 9t drivers x 2.86 pitch 24/41 gearing which is a 1.7 ratio running gates(8jp replacement)belt =127 mph (clutches are not machined for over drive) I'm thinking if i can pull this gear things should be pretty close or am i way off base here.If not i can go from the 190 to the 240 kit.What do you guys think about it.

On my 14 XTX stock gearing with 252 ish hp and overdrive 112 was the best ever on an ice track at 9150 rpms. On the 15 at low boost about 230 ish hp and stock 3.0 drivers, overdrive and 26/44 gears I have seen 118 on the trail. it is clutched for high boost so I was only turning 8450 rpms. the chart says 134 mph for that and I do not believe if I got to run full high boost and was on ice that I would do better than 124 ish so I have little faith in the estimated speeds on the chart.

Back