• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Generation TTX

Is it worth getting the Timbersled Barkbuster front end instead of getting all the bushings and joints to get ride of the problem with excessive play?

I went with the Mountaintech A arms and couldn't be happier! They come with very heavy duty ball joints. I also changed the ski bushings to a set of Upbushman's at the same time. Everything is so tight now it's awesome, and I can't believe how much of a difference the arms made.

I went with the Mountaintech A arms and couldn't be happier! They come with very heavy duty ball joints. I also changed the ski bushings to a set of Upbushman's at the same time. Everything is so tight now it's awesome, and I can't believe how much of a difference the arms made.
I sent Upbushman a message about the bushings now. The Timbersled front end is cheaper than the Mountaintech for me here in Sweden.

That's great, you will notice a big diffence with the UPBushman bushings. They take all the slop out of the spindles.

Today I took off my Öhlins front shocks. I will take them to the best place around here to do some service on them. New oil, new gas and new o-rings everywhere. 350 USD for both the shocks.

Got myself a new trailer to haul my Nytro.

DSC_0871.jpg

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0866.jpg

Last edited:
Have had some trouble with overheating in low speeds this season. I think I have sorted it out with some more work bleeding the cooling system. I will also add some water wetter to keep it better. Still love this sled and the shocks =)

Added Waterwetter and went for a ride. The fan never started, so I guess the cooling system works great. I will go out and groom the trails later this evening and I hope the system works great now.
It seems like it thou.

For this season I decided to exchange the LED H4 for 55 watt xenon. I think I prefer the LED in front of the xenon. Much better light pattern with the LED's.

No problem with overheating any longer. Never needed the ice scratcher yet.
This summer I have to make a tunnel closer kit for my sled. So much ice build up. I have a rubber hammer in the sled shed to bust the ice away.
The xenon kit is worthless that I got. One ballast is already dead and I had better light output from the LED's I had last season.
I also got a cover to the Nytro.

smacover8001_hr.jpg

Yesterday I got in to some fine tuning of the track suspension. Increased the pre-load of the center shock and lowered the compression on the same shock. Lowered the compression and the rebound on the rear shock.
What a difference! Took it for a 110 km long bumpy ride today and I love the result.

I'm also thinking of the WRP +2" seat. I'll have a call to the local upholstery shop in town and ask them if they can make something like that for about the same money. The WRP seat is a bit on the expensive side to get shipped here to Sweden.

Today I disassembled a great part of the front of the sled. Got myself the Oilite bushings for the a-arms and changed them today. Seems to have a tighter fit =)

Back