• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Goggle Holder Bag Restrict Air Flow?

stormin norman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX LE
2000 Yamaha SRX 700
1999 Yamaha V max 500
1992 Yamaha V max 4
1984 Yamaha Phazer
Looking at installing a goggle holder bag on my Viper and was wondering if it stops the hot air from exiting the motor compartment. Has anyone else installed one of these and felt the same way about getting the heat out? Was always thought that less heat under hood is better.
What do you guys think? Thanks

Well I am running a turbo with 13#'s of boost which creates a lot of heat. I have all my wiring for my gauges in that area and I have no heat problem. there are sooooo many areas for the heat to dissipate from on the body work that putting a goggle bag there is not a problem.

On one of my last spring rides was riding on hard packed trails and not throwing up any snowdust or ice chips for cooling so was probably just relying on radiator. Noticed this because sled was running "warm", took the goggle bag out, made not one degree difference , switching back and forth didn't change anything. Was surprised by this as goggle bag gets quite hot but doesn't seem to matter to sled. Just my observation

On the occasion that I didn't carry my goggles in there, I would carry a few candy bars. The candy bars would stay warm (nothing like eating a frozen Snickers!) ... but not warm enough to melt the chocolate. Based on that, I'd say that not much heat is dissipated there to affect the engine temp. Just enough to keep googles dry and your candy warm :)

Back