• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

good dealers in maine?

ok i live in milo, so far no luck wiht any dealers.

Newport motorsports
moosehead motorsports
richards sport shop
friend and friend (bangor)

all of them suck in my opinion. i bought the phazer from mooshead, and they were trouble since day one. so i brought it to newport (bought a lot from them and like them).

so first time i bring the phazer there was for the steering recall, and i was complaining about the idler wheels not wearing right and the thing overheating every 5 minutes.

get it back and the steering is worse then before ( lots of play) then come to find out its binding up. also RAD fan wasnt put on or the idler wheels.

so i snap the link, mooshead wont do anything for me, so i got to newport and tell them link is broken. they say they will fix the link, idler wheels, steering issue, cold start kit, and RAD fan.

3 weeks later i get it back (this past friday) ride it saturday and a little on sunday, something goes wrong with the rear suspension on sunday so i come home. take it apart and the shocks are junk. call newport and they say bring the skid over they will get them rebuilt. i say something about the steering still binding up but i guess it doesnt bother them.

so i drive 100 miles to bring it to them and then i get home and 2 hours later they call saying its fixed. im like what did you do to it. they hold for a sec then say that the torsion springs didnt have any tension on them and that was the problem. im like no, i took the tension off to take the skid out. and they say its fine and all this. (befroe i took the skid out there was 6 inches of play with no resistance at all and i could bottom the suspension out by being on the sled in riding postion).

so now im waiting for yamaha to call back (have never called me back once and ive left a million messages in the past)

im also waiting for the dealer to get back to me.

so is there a good dealer in maine or do they all suck?

rev it up in Rangeley, Gary's in Caribou, and Woodys in Topsham all have top notch service departments with mechanics who are really snowmobilers themselves.

Rev It Up in Rangeley is top notch. Mike and Julie are terrific people and always willing to help a brother out. I stop in and see them every time we ride there and yes it is mostly to gas up! Every issue I have has with my sled they have taken care of me. I would give them 2 thumbs up!

woody's in topsham is great to deal with. usually woody will waite on you and he knows his #*$&@. He is well known for racing his sleds so he knows how and what they do.

I got to say I really liked Woody. He seemed like a hell of a guy.
I took my sled down and gave him $ 500.00 to make it go 5 to 10 mph faster. I brought it back and I have another rtx that goes just as fast and the only thing I changed was a helix. The only other change was it had a snow stuff muffler on it when I bought it.

John

RX1red said:
Try Rogers Sport Center in Fort Kent,Maine.He has a very good mechanic.Was a top ten at Yamaha School.

ditto on that, Danny is probaly one of the best yamaha mechanics in Maine, really knows his stuff.

Danny has worked on my stuff , he is an excellent mechanic. Only thing,Bob's prices can not touch John's at Gary's Yamaha in caribou. The mechanics at Gary's do all ride and they work mostly on Yamahas. I have bought my last 5 sleds from Gary's Yamaha. I would not buy any where else.

Good Dealers In Maine

I have checked out Gary's and there was only 100 dollars differance.I feel for 100 dollars more and getting a very good mechanic it's worth it.JUst my opinion.

Back