• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

good dealers in maine?

Dealers

I have always dealt with Roger's Sport Center, but more out of necessity because it is a trip to go anywhere else. I agree that Danny is one of the best. I just honestly don't like Bob all that much. He is not the most educated guy on the actually sleds and is mostly business and about the numbers. I won't forget the time I brought my SRX to get the carbs cleaned and regular stuff....running fine when I brought it. Got a call later that it was blown when they test rode it after doing the work. So a crank and $1900 dollars later for just routine maintenence. It seems it's hard to go there without spending $500. They try to change everything and anything they can.

Danny has worked on my stuff , he is an excellent mechanic. Only thing,Bob's prices can not touch John's at Gary's Yamaha in caribou. The mechanics at Gary's do all ride and they work mostly on Yamahas. I have bought my last 5 sleds from Gary's Yamaha. I would not buy any where else.
Rogers Sport Center or Gary's Yamaha, both better than the rest. Very honest and highly skilled service.

Danny has worked on my stuff , he is an excellent mechanic. Only thing,Bob's prices can not touch John's at Gary's Yamaha in caribou. The mechanics at Gary's do all ride and they work mostly on Yamahas. I have bought my last 5 sleds from Gary's Yamaha. I would not buy any where else.
By the way, nice Vet Preacher.

I have personally dealt with Gary's Yamaha, they are great and hear good things from Woody's too

Woodys in topsham is too of the line. I've bought many sleds from him with service after the sale that is second to none. Great bunch of guys that are very knowledgeable.

Rev-it-Up in Rangeley Maine!!!!!!!!! Mike has taken parts off sleds in showroom & worked through the nite to get people back on trail for morning. I had a great experience with dealers in Houlton & Ft. Kent, but those may be too far away...

ok i live in milo, so far no luck wiht any dealers.

Newport motorsports
moosehead motorsports
richards sport shop
friend and friend (bangor)

all of them suck in my opinion. i bought the phazer from mooshead, and they were trouble since day one. so i brought it to newport (bought a lot from them and like them).

so first time i bring the phazer there was for the steering recall, and i was complaining about the idler wheels not wearing right and the thing overheating every 5 minutes.

get it back and the steering is worse then before ( lots of play) then come to find out its binding up. also RAD fan wasnt put on or the idler wheels.

so i snap the link, mooshead wont do anything for me, so i got to newport and tell them link is broken. they say they will fix the link, idler wheels, steering issue, cold start kit, and RAD fan.

3 weeks later i get it back (this past friday) ride it saturday and a little on sunday, something goes wrong with the rear suspension on sunday so i come home. take it apart and the shocks are junk. call newport and they say bring the skid over they will get them rebuilt. i say something about the steering still binding up but i guess it doesnt bother them.

so i drive 100 miles to bring it to them and then i get home and 2 hours later they call saying its fixed. im like what did you do to it. they hold for a sec then say that the torsion springs didnt have any tension on them and that was the problem. im like no, i took the tension off to take the skid out. and they say its fine and all this. (befroe i took the skid out there was 6 inches of play with no resistance at all and i could bottom the suspension out by being on the sled in riding postion).

so now im waiting for yamaha to call back (have never called me back once and ive left a million messages in the past)

im also waiting for the dealer to get back to me.

rev it up rangeley maine
rev it up in Rangeley, Gary's in Caribou, and Woodys in Topsham all have top notch service departments with mechanics who are really snowmobilers them
rev it up in Rangeley, Gary's in Caribou, and Woodys in Topsham all have top notch service departments with mechanics who are really snowmobilers themselves.

Rev-it-Up in Rangeley Maine!!!!!!!!! Mike has taken parts off sleds in showroom & worked through the nite to get people back on trail for morning. I had a great experience with dealers in Houlton & Ft. Kent, but those may be too far away...
Rev It Up Julie and Mike great service , so knowledgeable , very accommodating and great ambassadors of the Yamaha brand

Back