• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Guess What....They Are Listening & Doing Something!!!

When are they going to add power steering to the nitro mtx; it take a block and tackle to move steering at a stand still position.

Plus the new light weight battery is not up to standards one expects when buying a Yamaha.

Just read what CR posted...Take a Look

http://p.feedblitz.com/r.asp?l=74249876 ... &c=4561093

Yamaha Sled Talk
Drip drip drip
Mother Nature sure hit the switch here on Sunday. I went for a good rip on Saturday morning, realizing the weather forecast didn’t favor the trails surviving for long. Monday comes along, the lakes are slush, the trail is mush and I’m pining for a bike ride. What a difference a couple of days can make!
On the business side, I’m hearing some positive comments regarding the new sleds market impact. The demo rides in the US have been going along well. I spoke to one of the guys yesterday who mentioned the north eastern demo leg is now complete and the sleds are being put on display in various dealerships. The most interesting point to me was over the combined mileage of several thousand (over a thousand per unit) we didn’t have any belt failures, chain-case issues or any other major failures. The cold starting was sometimes ‘finicky’ but we knew that going in.I tried to answer and respond to a lot of the comments that have come in but there are a few that could use a dedicated post. I saw one comment several times both here and on the forums where it was taken from our dealer meeting that we have been working on the Vipers for a long time – not really. The reference was on the amount of time and work that went into the supply agreement with Arctic Cat. Each component (SRX 120, engine supply and SR Viper supply) required a separate contract. Each contract employed a team of lawyers and required several meetings and multiple reviews with revisions on top of revisions. The snowmobiles themselves fell victim to the process as certain touch points could not be executed until the contracts were finalized and in the end, it has been a scramble to bring the development forward as quickly as we have.
The questions of power and weight are out there and we really won’t know the accurate answers until production. The engine is identical to the Nytro long block but the EFI and electronics are controlled by an Arctic Cat developed ECU. The exhaust layout is also quite different being forward exiting. The Vipers use our YVXC clutches and 8DN 01 belt where the 7000 series Cats use Arctic’s pulleys and V-belt. There is definitely a different power character between the two siblings due to clutch calibration and certainly a big difference when compared to a Nytro. I can’t say much more to this as the sleds are still being tweaked and tested and will get nothing but better over the summer months.
Now I have to focus seriously over the next couple of weeks in preparation for a planned trip to our test center in northern Japan. The engineers have requested we bring our riding gear and the agenda is a wide open ball game at this point. Planes, trains and polite little automobiles… I’ll be hitting the P2A bike race jet-lagged
If you have a chance to squeeze in some more miles, go for it. It’ll all be over before you know it!
Cheers cr

Well I have been reading this and it is quite dead at work I have come to a personal conclusion in life. My father has been a very good mechanic for 30 plus years and as taught me a few things about engines. I own a Honda accord with 215000kms on it runs great, my 2 last cars had over 200 and 400 thousand km's on them and I sold them both and to my knowledge are still running today. My brother has 415000 on his Honda accord, my dads truck is at 110000kms his old truck had 150000kms on it when he sold it it all boils down to the same thing. An engine always needs to be warmed up before using it take 5 minutes to start it and let it idle. A cylinder withholds thousands of degrees of heat and tons of pressure involved with lots of expanding and compression of metals as it heats up and cools down so take your time with it even if it is stored indoors. Where I am going with this is... it is basic, take care of your stuff. pre season maintenance, letting a machine warm up before a days ride, washing, greasing, keeping the fluids topped up and the battery fresh. I hear of a lot of people having issues but then I hear that they start the machine and go tearing down the trail. Next thing you know something breaks. If something needs to be jammed to work it is not right so look into it. This site is great for attention to detail and good knowledgeable people to keep us riding year after year and most of us with 10000 plus kms on a sled this stuff is invaluable. Chris Reid does a great job getting information to us and the Sled talk blog is very informative and entertaining. Is Yamaha perfect? No there are flaws but I think most have been pretty well addressed whether they be factory or aftermarket fixes. Snowmobiling is not cheap but in my experience owning high mileage Yamaha's I have only once been left on the side of a trail broke down and that was at 23000kms on a 97 vmax triple with a seized crank bearing. I ride with all doo guys and 10000kms on a sled to them is unheard of and recalls for pistons and rings is common and they got used to it. When I heard that I was like WHAT!?? That is like open heart surgery. That's like saying yea I went to the Dr's and got triple by pass surgery no big deal. UNREAL. I'll stick to my Yamaha and fix the small stuff thanks. I have never heard of a Yamaha needing a rebuild like that. Point of the paragraph is take care of your stuff and they will be good to you!

Yamaha is entering in a new era, I thought it was perfect timing to let everyone know that they are watching
and hearing what is being said. There is lots of time where I didnt think they did. So thank you for that!!
javascript:emoticon(':4STroke:')javascript:emoticon(':die')

I see and hear no evidence of this...what info do you have to share?

Murse said:
Well I have been reading this and it is quite dead at work I have come to a personal conclusion in life. My father has been a very good mechanic for 30 plus years and as taught me a few things about engines. I own a Honda accord with 215000kms on it runs great, my 2 last cars had over 200 and 400 thousand km's on them and I sold them both and to my knowledge are still running today. My brother has 415000 on his Honda accord, my dads truck is at 110000kms his old truck had 150000kms on it when he sold it it all boils down to the same thing. An engine always needs to be warmed up before using it take 5 minutes to start it and let it idle. A cylinder withholds thousands of degrees of heat and tons of pressure involved with lots of expanding and compression of metals as it heats up and cools down so take your time with it even if it is stored indoors. Where I am going with this is... it is basic, take care of your stuff. pre season maintenance, letting a machine warm up before a days ride, washing, greasing, keeping the fluids topped up and the battery fresh. I hear of a lot of people having issues but then I hear that they start the machine and go tearing down the trail. Next thing you know something breaks. If something needs to be jammed to work it is not right so look into it. This site is great for attention to detail and good knowledgeable people to keep us riding year after year and most of us with 10000 plus kms on a sled this stuff is invaluable. Chris Reid does a great job getting information to us and the Sled talk blog is very informative and entertaining. Is Yamaha perfect? No there are flaws but I think most have been pretty well addressed whether they be factory or aftermarket fixes. Snowmobiling is not cheap but in my experience owning high mileage Yamaha's I have only once been left on the side of a trail broke down and that was at 23000kms on a 97 vmax triple with a seized crank bearing. I ride with all doo guys and 10000kms on a sled to them is unheard of and recalls for pistons and rings is common and they got used to it. When I heard that I was like WHAT!?? That is like open heart surgery. That's like saying yea I went to the Dr's and got triple by pass surgery no big deal. UNREAL. I'll stick to my Yamaha and fix the small stuff thanks. I have never heard of a Yamaha needing a rebuild like that. Point of the paragraph is take care of your stuff and they will be good to you!

I have to agree with you. I've had many Yamaha products over the years and I've had good luck with all of them. Like you say these sleds have some things that need some attention like suspension bushings and exhaust donuts. Most of these things might be a pain to fix, but these sleds will last forever if you keep up with routine maintenance. Other brands of sleds cant claim that. Yamaha's aren't perfect, but what sled is perfect. I just got my Warrior and it has over 9000 miles and it runs like a top and I'm really happy with it. I'm going to check everything over this summer and get ready for next winter. Even though it has that many miles on it I'm not worried about it and I know if I take care of it that it will last me many more winters. I understand the weight of these sleds isn't for everyone, but it doesn't bother me for how I ride. I cant imagine owning anything other than a Yamaha.

Back