• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand Warmers on a Sno Scoot

Phazernut

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 Viper ER.
96 V-Max 4
I've asked this question on the 2 stoke side of the site but haven't gotten any responce. Can a sno scoot's electrical system handle hand warmers?
I have an 88 with electric start but I want to warm my little guy's hands.

I would rather here if someone elses has done it before I invest the time and money in a possible losing cause. If it has never been done I will be the first I guess

I am sure it will work. You have a battery right?..Just hook then to a switch them run it to the battery

I would rather not run them directly from the battery. If they get left on they kill the battery

Run them from a switched relay, from the battery. Basically use something that is only on when the sled is running, ie headlight or something. Use that circuit to switch the relay which will then feed power to the hand warmers directly from the battery. Just make sure you use some type of output control ( high/low switch w/resistor) or you might get a little toasty, this apply's regardless of how you connect them to the sled.

Back