• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

handlebar and handwarmer question

striker606

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 yamaha nytro xtx
hey so I have a question, I just bought a 2009 nytro xtx and the handlebars were bent, I bought new bars. last night I removed everything from the old bars but could not get the handwarmers off in one piece. I don't have yamaheaters and was thinking maybe buying stock heaters and get the yamaheater kit. or do I buy the rsi heaters and get the yamaheater kit for those? or can I buy any brand of heaters. I found at a local snowmobile shop they have some kimpex heaters that are 2 wire. anyone have any input on what I should do?

Last edited:

If you have the yamaheater it doesn't matter what brand you put on there. I just did the same thing. I put a set of RSI heaters on with RSI bars. They are a little hotter than stock but not much. Yamaheater will allow you to ride comfortably in weather below zero. The cheapest option is to buy outside of stock....user the money you save to buy the Yamaheater and you will love yourself for it. I promise you.

thanks. I was looking into the evolution ecu flash for handwarmer fix also. but not quite sold on it over the yamaheater

I had stock heaters with the yamaheater and it was pretty good. my left grip blew up at the end of last year, so think summer i replaced the stock grips with the RSI kit from yamaha. My grips seems even warmer this year. Not completely sold on the RSI grips thou, but we will see

I installed the RSI grip kit and yamaheater. I'm happy with the heat (almost too hot). I would avoid the RSI grips themselves (not to be confused with the RSI heating elements) as mine failed within the season.

yeah that's what I was planning on doing was just the elements. anyone ever try any other brand elements besides rsi? and would you be able to use any brand elements?

Has anyone done the ecu flash? Did it work?

Back