• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hastings

yammiman

Expert
Went to the show in Hasting's yesterday - not as big of a turn out as I've seen in the past - got to ride a Nytro in the demo ride - super cool, but the course was so small it was hard to get much of an opinion - felt simular in power to the Apex, but lighter - checked out the XP - seemed very small - my knees were above the hood by about an inch and a half - guess it is more for "little people" - watched some grass drags for about an hour - Yami's were doing well - both the Nytro's and the XP's had a hard time keeping the front end on the ground - D&D had a sled that absolutely rocked - low 4's around 115!!! - all in all it was a good time!! ;)!

Ya, I went Friday night and was a little dissapointed in the venders and crowd.
I went their to find some of my old riding buddys, and found out that a good friend of mine, Don Reed, MSA's vice president had heart surgery earlier in the week. He is doing fine.

I went on saturday. The show itself stunk. No yami stuff at all I was disappointed. I switch from Ski doo and there was alot of stuff there for doo's. That was the first time I had ever been to a show and not bought anything. On the other hand the grass drags were sick. Craig Marchbank was cleaning up the competition, never saw him lose a race, while I watched!

I head the D&D sled was a 1200 twin turbo, that thing rocked, there other sleds were not that impressive, in my opinion.

....No yami stuff at all...

All the times I've been to the show there never has been much Yami stuff - I think that is why I quit going to it for awhile - I went this year mostly to ride the Nytro - did buy some ski's though!! - I heard them say the same thing about the D&D sled - it was also trailable!!! - what was Craig Marchbank running? - did you come all the way up from La Porte?? -

Yep came up from LaPorte, only about 1.5 hrs. Not a bad thing to do on a fall saturday. Marchbank was running a bunch of different classes maybe as many as 10. His sleds were right on the money! Stupid fast! Highlands Yamaha in Country Side IL, has a awesome selection of Yami gear as they are a Yami exclusive dealer. They have a big sale before Christmas, I bought my sled and gear from there last year when I went to the dark side. I am going to get my gear fix there again when my buddy buys his Nytro.

Highlands has a booth at the Novi show every year - know them well - was that Marchbank on that stretched out sled that run 4.10's? - that thing was screaming!!

No he is a factory Doo racer. He was on all factory stuff. That lay down mod was fast. Highland is a great dealer, good selection, service and the prices are cheap.

Back