• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hay Days

lavelle is doing the jump at 5pm by the drags
That is the plan at the end of the drag strip. Levi has been setting up for the past couple weeks on the site. Very cool to see!!

791427.jpg

791426.jpg

So many guys in the sled forums bitch about the lack of good buys and lack of this and that etc. Am I the only one that goes just because it is more or less a festival that kicks off the sled season? So many people plan for WeFest, or Moondance, or a special fishing trip somewhere. And I can think of no better way to spend the last few nice days of the summer, than to go see all that is sled related.

The last couple years, I have spent almost no money at all and was having a blast just wandering aimlessly just looking at crap. New stuff, old stuff, cold beer and a booth babe or two. Heck, I saw the same prototype sleds at the spring show as I did at Haydays. It was just so cool to actually have factory folk around to bounce a few questions off of. It's always cool to see the ATV stuff in the booths as well as every aftermarket product you can imagine. (everything you have read about online, but you can touch and feel)

The smell of race fuel at the strip, two stroke in the swap, and dirt in my hair from standing too close to the fence at the terra cross. I get a kick out of my daughter constantly checking in on instragram, facebook or snapchat to see where her favorite racers are at, or doing autographs. She's all about getting a glimpse when ever she can. And then seeing them doing something out of their element. Like Levi winning his heat in Terra Cross, or Burandt trying to compete in the same event. Or the Trike races with SnowCross stars.

It's sort of sensory overload like when you go to Vegas for the first time. But for a sledhead, everything about it is just fun. I will have to admit, it is much more fun to walk through the swap when you are actually looking for something. Otherwise, a person just tends to glaze over most booths. I may even propose another photo scavenger hunt for me and my buddies to find odd crap in the swap. A wedding dress was a winner one year.

Maybe we will have to leave this thread open on our phones that day and everyone post the craziest thing they see at Haydays. And if it happens to be in the swap area, what their asking price was. It may be interesting to see.

So many guys in the sled forums bitch about the lack of good buys and lack of this and that etc. Am I the only one that goes just because it is more or less a festival that kicks off the sled season? So many people plan for WeFest, or Moondance, or a special fishing trip somewhere. And I can think of no better way to spend the last few nice days of the summer, than to go see all that is sled related.

The last couple years, I have spent almost no money at all and was having a blast just wandering aimlessly just looking at crap. New stuff, old stuff, cold beer and a booth babe or two. Heck, I saw the same prototype sleds at the spring show as I did at Haydays. It was just so cool to actually have factory folk around to bounce a few questions off of. It's always cool to see the ATV stuff in the booths as well as every aftermarket product you can imagine. (everything you have read about online, but you can touch and feel)

The smell of race fuel at the strip, two stroke in the swap, and dirt in my hair from standing too close to the fence at the terra cross. I get a kick out of my daughter constantly checking in on instragram, facebook or snapchat to see where her favorite racers are at, or doing autographs. She's all about getting a glimpse when ever she can. And then seeing them doing something out of their element. Like Levi winning his heat in Terra Cross, or Burandt trying to compete in the same event. Or the Trike races with SnowCross stars.

It's sort of sensory overload like when you go to Vegas for the first time. But for a sledhead, everything about it is just fun. I will have to admit, it is much more fun to walk through the swap when you are actually looking for something. Otherwise, a person just tends to glaze over most booths. I may even propose another photo scavenger hunt for me and my buddies to find odd crap in the swap. A wedding dress was a winner one year.

Maybe we will have to leave this thread open on our phones that day and everyone post the craziest thing they see at Haydays. And if it happens to be in the swap area, what their asking price was. It may be interesting to see.

I am with you 100%.. its the start of the season and just love to wander.. this year I am back in the swap so I cant wander to much. My SXS will be in the EVO both this year too :D

If you see me wander through your swap space in my black TY T-shirt on, (biffdotorg on the back) please say hi. I know I have seen you guys in the past, but have not introduced myself. It would be good to put a face to the name.

I may have to get a rundown on what all you did to your YXZ when I see ya. I still lust for one, but my Wildcat will do for now as funds will be saved for a Sidewinder spring of 2018. That should be a very good time to buy after the first year buzz has gone down. And maybe EPS will be integrated! HA!

If you see me wander through your swap space in my black TY T-shirt on, (biffdotorg on the back) please say hi. I know I have seen you guys in the past, but have not introduced myself. It would be good to put a face to the name.

I may have to get a rundown on what all you did to your YXZ when I see ya. I still lust for one, but my Wildcat will do for now as funds will be saved for a Sidewinder spring of 2018. That should be a very good time to buy after the first year buzz has gone down. And maybe EPS will be integrated! HA!

Right on.. If I see you I will say hi!! We are also having a 2pm TY Photo at the Yamaha Corp Booth if you can swing in.

Maybe I'll present Mr. Sled a bottle of Crown when I see him...

I'll be the one with the brand new TotallyYamaha.com shirt and MSgt stripes on my cap! Very original, I know.

I will be the one balling and crying and throwing a tantrum at a fnnn wedding that I don't even know them personally and wishing I was with ya all on Saturday..

Back