• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heavy Vibration on 2016 RS Venture TF-LE

JD

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Venture TF-LE
Hey Guys....Got a brand new 2016 Venture TF with one heck of a lot of vibration....

First off I have not yet notified the dealer as I am hoping to find the issue without having to trailer to a dealer where they have no place for trail testing at all.

My first 2 moves of the sled were under 100 ft. drives as I only loaded and unloaded into my garage waiting for snow. So.... First ride out, as soon as the speed was at about 30 km/h, I find this awful vibration and loud resonating feeling like a washing machine on spin that is slightly out of balance. I looked over the sled and could find nothing obvious. We limited our ride to 20 miles and took the sled into my garage for inspection. All I could find was that the track was extremely loose, sagging about 5 inches without weight being hung on the track. Figured I had found the problem, brought the track into tension following advised specs. On second ride out, the problem is still there. I cannot locate any issues.... I have rolled the track by hand and inspected, I find nothing. All suspension wheels are snug and turning freely, Jackshaft and drive axle appear solid....I am at a loss.... Its like driving a wash tub down the trail.....A constant about once a second (Wha wha wha)...sound.....It does increase with speed but does not seem to increase in intervals as in double the sound/vibration as speed doubles...I am at a loss...if anyone can throw some thoughts of where to look, I would be happy....thanks....JD

Yes...I should have mentioned that....I see nothing with the belt either....however I plan to swap with another new one today and try it....

Chain tension is Ok? Clutches ok? If the dealer missed the track tension then I'm sure they missed something else. I'd take it back before something major happens.

Put it on a stand and see if you hear or see something ? Maybe the track needs to be pulled ? Alignment check also .? Wheels ?

The track is lined up nicely...all wheels are free...no wobbles...no flat spots.....What do you mean when you say "Maybe the track needs to be pulled"? If you mean tension, it is set correctly. I just spent about 3 hrs looking over everything again....I have replaced the belt and will try it tomorrow....If it still sound and feels like a yamaha washing machine....I'll have to take it to the "Doctor".....by the way I used a dial indicator on the clutches and they are running true....weight's are free....secondary has the little bit of side play required....the drive chain was a bit loose so I adjusted it to spec....aaahhhhh....Thanks so far guys......

Maybe dealer put on a new track for some reason? Things happen never know..Track sitting somewhere wrapped tite with plastic wrap. Dealer installs track , you get the machine and needs to be rode and pulled .

On the lift I noticed a tighter spot from being coiled up/wrapped .I had a feeling when I put my new track on few years back . I kept ridding and it went away after sometime.

Any idea where it's coming from,meaning do you feel it thru the bottoms of your feet at the front, under the motor, coming from the back or is it coming thru the handle bars? Stud protectors under the tunnel good and tight and are the ones at the front good and tight?

Like I said I'd take it back, don't keep driving it and something major happens you might be blamed for part of the damage. I would hope that wouldn't be the case but I'd never put myself in that situation.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

When I first bought My Rs venture I smoked belt putting it on trailer.....couldn't see it on belt. I thought my track was ratcheting.....adjusted it....no difference...until I replaced belt. It doesn't take much...but my symptoms were the same.

Some dealers set the track waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to tight...With it up in the air the track should have about 1.5" sag.. Set it up with enough slack without jumping teeth on the driver.OMM.

Ok...so to respond to the last post...the track actually was very loose.... I did bring to spec.... here is my update:

I decided to run the sled today.... after spending so much time looking over every area of the sled that could be suspect...I decided that it is most likely coming from the track. I do feel the vibration resonate through the handlebars but mostly in the foot wells. At 32 miles per hour, it was difficult but seemed to be around 3 to 4 vibration cycles per second.... I did some creative math, and it works out to track rotations.... everything else turns way faster. Here is how I arrived at what seems to fit. 1 mile = 63360 inches.... divide that by the track length of 151" and the answer of 419.6 would be rotations per mile.... if you multiply the 419.6 X 32 (mph/h)...you get 13427.2 that’s rotations per hour. Now I divided that by 60 to = 223.78 which would be rotations per min, finally divide the 223.78 by 60 again and the answer of 3.72 will be rotations per second at the 32 mph/h...which is what I hear and feel....so I am now convinced that it is defiantly track rotation.

Next step.... or question, will it go away as the track breaks in or did I wind up with a "dud" track.... either way...not happy to have the possibility of having the sled torn apart.... Guess I will mention it to my dealer and see how they respond....
Thanks guys for the input.....

JD

I will bet it is a flat spot on the belt seen this many times you think its something major and its just someone burnt a spot on the belt.

Back