• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heavy Vibration on 2016 RS Venture TF-LE

I hear it. Sounds like the other clip posted here, just worse.
Unfortunately, your warranty is only as good as your dealer.
It pays to have a good dealer. Looks like you are learning this the hard way.
You can call the yamaha customer service number and complain about the issue, but i suggest being nice..
You can also try to find a different dealer that might be more willing to work with you.
Hope you get it resolved.

It sounds exactly like mine did.
I have probably has a better dealer than what you have. He contacted Yamaha here in Sweden and sent videos that I recorded to them, and after that Yamaha sent a new track. He changed the track and after that no more "washing machine sounds".

I have the same issue with my new Venture TF. Brought it to the dealer. $113 later, dealer said there was nothing wrong with it.
Does anyone have the Yamaha Motors Canada 800 number?

Sounds like another case of the always there track howl.

It's a resonance between the track, the wheels running over the track and the fact that these sleds have under the tunnel exhaust. It's a harmonic resonance....it's the reason you still "feel" it when you wear ear plugs. The resonance/vibration is going through your bones to your ears.

I've tried a ACat "Quiet Track", a M10 skid to replace the ProActive in my 05 Vector. Different types of muffler wraps in both my 05 and 14 Vector LTX (Mono) exhaust system. Try to deaden the tunnel with various tapes. No change. I now believe the only way you're going to get rid of the howl is to lose the rear exhaust. And we know that isn't happening.

Somehow one has to make a major change in the frequency of the resonance. I've given up trying.

Last edited:
Drives me nuts. Should have kept my Bearcat.
I have a 2016 Vk Pro II and just after 100 km that deafening noise started. The strange thing is that it is not always there but when it surfaces you sure know it. My wife hates the machine because of this noise. Dealer has yet to test drive it as we are waiting for the 800 km service date. I like so much about the machine but will be getting rid of it and eating my loss if the issue cannot be resolved. I have a feeling the noise is in the primary clutch and perhaps something is just out of alignment as the noise does not occur all the time. I have driven my friends older VK's (2008 and 2010) and they are whisper quiet other than a little rattle at idle. Very disappointed thus far.

well new track has 700 miles on it
similar sound, not exact, but close
and the new track is full clipped where the first was clipped every 3rd

what gets me about the resonance is it sounds the same whether it is a clean tunnel
or 50 pounds of snow and ice built up in there
which is most rides, with all the slush around here

to me the sound should change as the tunnel changes with the build up

i've got another venture with a 144 and it sounds almost the same
not annoying enough to switch models or brands

oh ya with the new track, also new jackshaft and driveshaft bearings
and a few wheels

Ok peoples......Sorry for the slow update on my shacking/Vibration issue....
The dealer did install a new track for me.....he said yamaha was not paying for it which is ridiculous....Anyway...got my choice of track, which was nice so I selected (recommended by camso) the 1.5" crossover.....and am pleased to say but was not surprised that the shacking has disappeared...you can still hear a slight swooping sound around 30 MPH....but very minor and really hard to detect....NO SHACKING....100% track imbalance issue as I had argued....

Last edited:
I have a 2016 Vk Pro II and just after 100 km that deafening noise started. The strange thing is that it is not always there but when it surfaces you sure know it. My wife hates the machine because of this noise. Dealer has yet to test drive it as we are waiting for the 800 km service date. I like so much about the machine but will be getting rid of it and eating my loss if the issue cannot be resolved. I have a feeling the noise is in the primary clutch and perhaps something is just out of alignment as the noise does not occur all the time. I have driven my friends older VK's (2008 and 2010) and they are whisper quiet other than a little rattle at idle. Very disappointed thus far.

My dealer has worked hard to resolve my concerns. I left the machine with them for a month and the owner himself test drove it on a number of occasions, in various conditions and temperatures in an attempt to identify the source of the noise.

When I first purchased the machine I could hear a rattle sound and I was told the noise at idle is normal for the sled - what a better choice of words would have been that it is common for some 1049 engines to sound like a diesel at idle.

Once the owner of the dealership got involved, some real problem solving and diagnostics started.

My dealer played with track tension as well as some other suspension set ups. They also tried the washers on the secondary clutch to take up free play. The loctite on the stubshaft/jackshaft has made the most difference. Now at idle my 2016 VK Pro is very quiet and all you here is the 4 stroke engine. Dealer also suggested putting a piece of rubber on the tongue hitch to help eliminate that rattle. I am waiting to get some snow so I can give it a good run to see just how much quieter it is at that 35-50 km/h speed. I am so hoping the loctite trick has cured that annoying "bahhhhhh" sound at that 35-50 km/h speed.

I applaud the local dealership for going the extra mile in addressing my concerns, depending upon how this plays out I will purchase from the dealership in the future but it may not be a Yamaha. It is unfortunate that other owners of Yamaha will have to go through this again in the future as Yamaha seems unwilling to acknowledge the problem. I will be contacting Yamaha Customer service later once I have had an opportunity to give it a good test run to see what compensation will be offered for being without my brand new machine for a month of an already short season.

The positive thing was I have a dealer willing to work with me on resolving the noise issue.

MY venture does the same two things I only notice one at 0-5 mph and the second is worst at 32-34 mph there are some sweat speeds where it is almost gone, so I try to ride at those speeds if I am leading.

I suspect a different 144 track would minimize it.

I have the slow speed 'washing machine out of balance ' feel and sound that I agree is the track being stiffer for some reason in a section and the harmonic howl -this goes nearly away shortly with new sliders so I believe this is tunnel resonance from the idler wheels hitting track fiberglass rods in combination with the rear exhaust.

I have just learned to love it as it is.

Yamadoo

Ok peoples......Sorry for the slow update on my shacking/Vibration issue....
The dealer did install a new track for me.....he said yamaha was not paying for it which is ridiculous....Anyway...got my choice of track, which was nice so I selected (recommended by camso) the 1.5" crossover.....and am pleased to say but was not surprised that the shacking has disappeared...you can still hear a slight swooping sound around 30 MPH....but very minor and really hard to detect....NO SHACKING....100% track imbalance issue as I had argued....
I have a 2016 rs venture tf, it has track drone between 31-38mph. When you replaced your track did the drone go away? I have a stock 151x15x1.25 track by camoplast ice ripper 2 I believe. just wondering if replacing your track got rid of the drone and is the new track a camoplast or composit track 151x15x1.50..thanks for any help...I can't stand the drone sound. Joe

Back