• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmets, Open, vs Full Face, vs Modular.

I have the 509 helmet and aviators which fit great and works great. Get a good balaclava, kiln arctic works awesome and plenty warm and breaths so no fogging. Had a few other balaclavas that didn't let my head breath and forced all the hot air into my goggles. Not good and a pain in the #*$&@. Another problem I always had was the goggles getting snow in between the lenses. And when it's snowing out they either fog or get snow in the lenses but maybe that's just me. Either way very annoying to deal with.

I have heard the bv2 are pretty warm but the guys I ride with really like them. My next helmet will prob be one of these, everything all in one. But your cool factor goes down lol

I have and used -
HJC full face with E shield
HJC MOTOCROSS with gogles
BV2Swith E shield

My preference is BV2S by a hair over HJC E-shield. I have no cord issues since I learned to put cord in the gap between zipper and the cover flap on my coat.

I have just about every helmet out there including HJC, AJV, Polaris and Yamaha model modulars, 509 and the scorpion open face with the pump. I have 2 BVs2's and always end up going back to them. Never any fog even with glasses. The open face are nice for warmer days but My head would freeze and constant changing goggles and air getting in all over just was not worth it. With the BVs2 I can pop off the face mask and go play off trail or jsut pop shield open for air flow.

So where is the best place to get a good deal on a BVS2?

I have the 509 Evolution helmet with the Sinister X5. Best helmet and goggle combo for trail riding period. I taped off all the intake ports and was never cold, even when it was -30'C

I like my motocross helmet on warm days and my HJC with heated shield on cold days. The only issue I've come into is that I just started riding a couple of years ago after taking about 10 years is that now I wear glasses and I can't stop them from fogging up. I've tried both helmets with and without the breath deflectors. Luckily I can ride without them, but I can see better with them and it would be nice to have them on. A lot of people ride with glasses so there must be a trick to it. LOL

My wife just bought her second pair of glasses with Optifog coating. It works fantastic...she almost quit riding from the fogging.... now zero issues. It is part of the glass lens not just a coating .... http://www.optifogusa.com. Well worth the upcharge!!!

So where is the best place to get a good deal on a BVS2?

Several on Ebay for $423.99 there was a dealer out in western Minnesota that was selling 2nd's for $199 thats who I bought my 2 from. The chin strap had been sewed 2 times so you had to pull the stiching out of the strap to make it adjustable took 5 minutes. I got mine from centre sprots in sauk center.

Here is one for $389 with the flashlight included and comes in several colors

http://www.skidoooutlet.com/catalog...mit=16&mode=grid&order=relevance&dir=desc&p=4

I like my motocross helmet on warm days and my HJC with heated shield on cold days. The only issue I've come into is that I just started riding a couple of years ago after taking about 10 years is that now I wear glasses and I can't stop them from fogging up. I've tried both helmets with and without the breath deflectors. Luckily I can ride without them, but I can see better with them and it would be nice to have them on. A lot of people ride with glasses so there must be a trick to it. LOL

Several on Ebay for $423.99 there was a dealer out in western Minnesota that was selling 2nd's for $199 thats who I bought my 2 from. The chin strap had been sewed 2 times so you had to pull the stiching out of the strap to make it adjustable took 5 minutes. I got mine from centre sprots in sauk center.

Here is one for $389 with the flashlight included and comes in several colors

http://www.skidoooutlet.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Bvs2 helmet#limit=16&mode=grid&order=relevance&dir=desc&p=4

go to a snow show that is where you will get the best price on a new one last year they were like 320 i think.

I am considering getting the e shield for the bv2s because this last year i had the pleasure or riding in freezing rain and that did suck it was the first and only time i wished i had an e shield for that helmet.

go to a snow show that is where you will get the best price on a new one last year they were like 320 i think.

Thanks Yamadog and Thor for the info. I am definitely looking at them, but need to decide between mods and a new helmet at this point.

good luck have seen a few people drop allot of money tring every diffrent combo and then falling back to the BV2S and saying i should have listend to you from the start. I hope you get it with out too much cost or trouble.

I really like my BVS2. Warm, sunshield, easy to talk without taking off the helmet. I have the electric shield but only use it when its really cold (-30C and colder) and then only if I get slowed down in tight trails and I'm working up a sweat. Riding the trail in cold temps its fog free. Freezing rain the e shield works good too.

Only helmet that was as good was a Cat helmet that fit with foam around the eyes like a pair of googles. Fog free helmet but you had to take it off every stop, got tired of that real quick!

Back