• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help Needed Barker Exhaust install

cnaimo

Veteran
Hi guys, I pickup up a barkers exhaust for my XTX and i am having issues getting it installed . the directions where damaged.. i looked at the snowtrax video but they left out some steps. I am having issues mounting the billet clamp to the back mount and the rear fasia that goes around the exhaust tip. nothing lines up. i contacted mike at barkers and he doesnt have any pictures and doesnt remember how to install.

i was hoping someone could take some pictures of the rear billit clamp so i can see what i am doing wrong..

thank you in advance

Charlie

The twisty piece attaches between the billet clamp that goes around the muffler at the bottom joint and the other end goes to the right side bolt for the stock muffler holder(this one goes into the tunnel). The muffler sits on an angle when in the right place, not flat. Then, the small tab goes between one of the three bolts that holds on the tip(or turnout) and the top bolt of the stock plastic. You'll need a nut for the stock bolt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Can't find a better picture, but you can kinda see the tab in the one in the last post. Not a great fit. You have to bend that tab a bit to get it to line up good. Also- do your self a favour now and cut away 1/2" to 3/4" of the stock plastic where the tip exits. It will melt anyway, might as well do it now and keep it looking good.

Last edited:
The twisty piece attaches between the billet clamp that goes around the muffler at the bottom joint and the other end goes to the right side bolt for the stock muffler holder(this one goes into the tunnel). The muffler sits on an angle when in the right place, not flat. Then, the small tab goes between one of the three bolts that holds on the tip(or turnout) and the top bolt of the stock plastic. You'll need a nut for the stock bolt.
T

Thank you very much i quess my simple question is does the twisty piece mount to this bolt .. ( see attached ) Also do you use the 3 bolts to mount the exhaust cover ? or just the top one to the bracket on the barjer exhaust end?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 179
No, use the one directly above the hole you circled. It's raised and the bolt is also used to hold on the bracket that the rear plastic bolts too. Here's a pic. Disregard the black bracket, as I no longer have this exhaust, but the rubber isolators are used for stock too. Second pic is the bracket for the plastic. Use the same bolt to attach the twisted barker bracket and the bracket for the plastic. Had the perfect pic, but deleted it last week! Hope this helps...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 181
Also, yes, use all three bolts to attach the rear plastic. The bottom two are what will really keep it lined up, the top one won't be as sturdy, due to being attached to the tab from the barker.

Back