• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help please!... sidewinder won't atart

Weslemkoon

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder Ltx GT PS
Pulled over for a rest..

Restarted, moved a foot and died.

kill switch up, turn key.... nothing.

Checked fuses...look ok

2022 ltx gt eps. 50 miles on sled

In the middle of know where but have cell service at least.

Thanks in advance folks!

Relay froze under hood, front center.
Remove relays warm up and reinstall.

Well, now you know your tether kill switch works!

What an idiot I am !...lol

Tether...first time riding a procross with one.
Back in the day when kill switches weren't a common thing on sleds, and cell phones didn't exist, I knew a rider that rode in to check on his remote cabin and was stranded for a couple days until rescued all because he had hit the kill switch and was not aware of it.

Back in the day when kill switches weren't a common thing on sleds, and cell phones didn't exist, I knew a rider that rode in to check on his remote cabin and was stranded for a couple days until rescued all because he had hit the kill switch and was not aware of it.
That might have been me! Lol

How about a short report on how you like it...?

Honestly....the power steering is a game changer for me. Wow.

My son is riding my 2017 zr6000. The Sidewinder feels lighter that the 600.

Lots of rough trails in Cochrane just because of the melt and it's tough to keep groomed right now, and the power steering really does isolate the bump steer from the handlebars.

Oh ..and it's quick!

That's so me... This year on my initial start I was looking for the push button. Took me 10mins to figure out that this isn't a Ski-Doo. Lol
And I've had this sled for 5 years. Lol.

Since we are sharing embarrassing "no start" stories, I'll admit that I had an issue this year too.... I put a magnetic tether on before last season, and when I went to start it on the first trip this year, I thought sure my battery was dead because it didn't do anything on turning the key (without the tether attached. Duh.)

We all make goofy mistakes. I once pulled my plugs on my 1993 Thundercat to check them after re-jetting, put them in, got distracted, forgot to put the plug wires back on, closed the hood and proceeded to pull it over about 10 times before opening the hood. That sled had lots of compression! LOL

We all make goofy mistakes. I once pulled my plugs on my 1993 Thundercat to check them after re-jetting, put them in, got distracted, forgot to put the plug wires back on, closed the hood and proceeded to pull it over about 10 times before opening the hood. That sled had lots of compression! LOL
Lol....did that on an outboard!

Last edited:
Brought my Apex home couldn't wait to show it off to my doo riding buddies. Rode it over to the poker game, invited everyone out to hear it, would not fire up. Had to sit through the rest of the game getting razzed about how silent and stealthy my new ride is, until one of the guys calls my all-in and to sweeten the pot says "and I re-raise, double or nothing if the reason that fancy sled won't start is because you forgot the kill switch"... I never use the kill switch but must have bumped it when I got off.

Back