• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP!!! Rusted ski bolt.

This will work if you can find it.

20150424_200322.jpg

The best is to make your own, 50/50, acetone and automatic trans fluid.

Did you get that bolt out yet?

Not yet. Gave the skis with my spindles attached to my neighbor who works at a car repair shop, as he said they would get that bolt out one way or another. Well 4 days later he returned my skis( with my spindles attached) and the bolt still rusted into the sleeve. He was surprised he could not get them apart. Also took them to my dealers mechanic, but he had no new ideas. Maybe I will try that product made by Kano mentioned by yamahaguys in a previous post, if I can find it.

Rooster, Bolt and sleeve turn very easy. The bolt is seized to the sleeve, but together they turn very easy inside the spindle. But of course you can't get the bolt out because of how bad it is rusted inside the sleeve.

If I were you I would cut the bolt off between the spindle and the ski. You might need to cut both sides in order to separate the spindle and ski. After that you will be able to drive everything out of the spindle. Then buy new bushings and a new mount kit and all will be good as new.

What did you find after cutting them off? Was the bolt seized to both bushings or only one? Was there lots of wear on the spindle or any damage?

The bolt was only seized to the collar. After I cut both sides and lifted the spindle away from the ski, the collar with the rest of the rusted in bolt slid right out. Do damage done to the spindle. It was the same on each spindle.

Back