• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here is a Crazy Old Vintage Yamaha Video!!

Ah yes, back when you could drink and ride. And serve it up with a little cheese.:sled2:

Great Video Tom, and to think you could buy those for under $2,000;)!

"If we could build the sled lighter it wouldn't need reverse." :rofl:

Ahhhh, rode almost 20,000 miles on an 340 Enticer and a SRV. First and second sleds for me, bought them both used one season from guys that "just needed the money" .......Wanted a Vmax Real bad!

if I remember the SRV was $2495 or 3495 and the Vmax was a Grand more ,(NEW)
There was a year that Yamaha did not release the Vmax due to clutch issues.

My riding buddy (now and then) had an SS than an SRV, and he could make those beioytch's hall the mail.

Ahhh ,The memories!!!!!!

I can remember in 1980 buying a new 440 Exciter for $1895 and a new 440 Srx for $2195 !
Those were the days when almost anyone could afford a new sled, but then again maybe that was because it was before they came out with Bold New Graphics each year and that is why the prices went up to where they are today!:dunno:
That or the fact that we have more than 6 inches of suspension, and 4-stroke motors?:4STroke:

YEP......I remember ALL those sleds....YIKES

The narrator called it a SR5......We all know they were the SRV's:):):):)

Easy on the Pocket
Easy to Run
Easy to Drive
Easy on Gas
and Reliable FUN FUN FUN

WOW.....How Times Have Changed:D:p:D;)!

YEP......I remember ALL those sleds....YIKES

The narrator called it a SR5......We all know they were the SRV's:):):):)

Easy on the Pocket
Easy to Run
Easy to Drive
Easy on Gas
and Reliable FUN FUN FUN

WOW.....How Times Have Changed:D:p:D;)!

Exactly... Roman Numeral for 5 is a V... but I agree with you bud, I never heard is called a SR 5 before.

I broke a tear reminiscing! In '83 me & friends would drive evrywhere around town on anything that would run on any amount of snow. I had a fast 295 Polaris, we had Rupps, Cats, Deere's, Yamaha's, Ski-doo, Kawasaki, Skiroule, Coloumbia, Moto-ski, AMF, Evinrude, Bolens, Star, Sno-jet & many more i can't think of. We would ride whatever we could dig out of garage or barn, spray with eether, siphon gas from mom's car & go. Ride corn & tobacco fields ALL day & people would just show up & ride & race. No cops , no hassle's, NO PHONES....just ridin'....then go home & watch MTV & play ATARI.......

Back