• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here is a Crazy Old Vintage Yamaha Video!!

YEP......I remember ALL those sleds....YIKES

The narrator called it a SR5......We all know they were the SRV's:):):):)

I
YEP......I remember ALL those sleds....YIKES

The narrator called it a SR5......We all know they were the SRV's:):):):)

Easy on the Pocket
Easy to Run
Easy to Drive
Easy on Gas
and Reliable FUN FUN FUN

WOW.....How Times Have Changed:D:p:D;)!
If I remember right a dealer told me that SR5 was a racing class, or something like that. but we also called them SRV's ..... it just sounds cool!

Bought a 1983 SRV brand new, ran it until 1995. Maybe didn't realize it at the time, but the sled had great balance, front to back. Sit back on the seat and cruise, or, slide up and "get on the wheel" it would corner as good as a Polaris IFS. At least in my selective memory!! LOL. Being a 540cc, single carb, fan cooled, there was a limit to the stock all out performance, say versus the SRX's, but very reliable with good clutching. Have to say it was thirsty on gas, especially compared to my wife's 440 Exciter. The Exciter we used for the riding tanker, the easy way she drove it, if any of us more rambunctious riders needed gas, there was always some in the Exciter. Good times!!!

Just before they stop for lunch the lady is talking about how nimble and controllable the sled is and how she feels in total control of it cause she can hold the bars and lean and then plows through a big fir tree and puts it on its side. LOL

wasn't it back in the late 80s or 90s that Yamaha would send out VHS tapes in the mail to customers featuring current model year sleds??

my dad never got one of those vhs tapes and he bought a sled in that era. damn he only paid $3000.00 for a 1985 et340t out the door. insurance gave him $2000.00 for it when it was stolen in the early 90's.

Back