• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bulbs

yamaha06

VIP Member
I have installed the Sled Start HID bulbs on my nytro 3 years ago. I noticed today one of the bulbs isn't working so I figure its probably blown, has anyone else had one of there HID blow, I figured being HID they would last a lot longer then 5500km. Anyone know what bulb or part number to look for? I see sled start wants like $120 for 2 bulbs and they only come in pairs. But if I can buy another bulb that will work for cheaper that would be sweet! Thanks.

Buying only one bulb might result in a color difference between the two. A friend purchased new sledstart bulbs but replaced just one and noticed a difference in color between the old and new.

Last edited:
Buying only one bulb might result in a color difference between the two. Sled start sold a single bulb to a friend which doesn't match his original so I'd buy the pair and keep one as a spare. You can buy a DDM kit cheaper than the replacement bulbs.

wow they are way cheaper, wish I would of known about these guys 3 years ago before I dropped $200 on the sled start HID's. Do you know if these bulbs would work with the sled start HID kit?

I'm not sure but I've been running them for 4 years with no issues.

I would talk to Rock... sometimes the ballast goes out and then the light wont fire. The lights maybe fine.

Rotate the bulbs or swap the ballast connections to determine if it's actually a bulb or possibly a bad ballast.

Last edited:
Hey Grizz where did you buy yours from ??? All I can find are for motorcyles nothing sled specific

DDM HID Kit With Slim Ballast- 35W or 55W (Xenon)

Last edited:
^ that kit is by far the best bang for the buck. Mine is getting a set this fall. I have friends who run this ddm kit in their vehicles and atv's without any issues.

"Link removed per admin"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the design of the Yamaha headlight housing. Even with the stock bulbs the Nytro has poor high/low beam differential. The HID anti glare shields can be modified to help. After doing some testing I've found this to be the best option to improve the differential:

U think ddm with still warranty bulb after u modify them? How much better is it after the mod? Still debating what I want to do.

HID antiglare shields are separate from the bulbs and all that you're modifying is the shield. I don't think you'll ever need a shield warrantied.

The newer HID bulbs are different then the one Grizz posted. I did not notice much difference when I switched from low to high. High maybe shinned a tad bit higher but they are so much brighter on low and show a ton more area that high beam is not really needed. Here is a picture of what the bulbs look like now. I bought my kit last year. Second picture shows 2 nytro's parked 5 feet apart and both sleds are on low beam. Hard to see the sleds but they are there and I was standing in the middle taking the picture.
20140105_021201.jpg
20140111_190733.jpg
Needless to say the other guy wanted me to install a set of HID's into his sled the next day.

I knew they updated the shields and bulbs last year. I might have to buy a set and try them.

Back