• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HINDLE EXHAUST AND CLUTCHING

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
so i added hindle exhaust with quiet core,along with pc5 and hurricane box mod. i have had the heel clicker 2-speeds in my sled for a long time when sled was stock, worked great. now i cant get these to work, can only get about 8100 rpm's and have tried adding weight at first before i ran it, now i have taken weight off and makes no difference. just wondering if my secondary is the problem, that still has the stock spring with a straight 47 helix which worked really well with stock set up. what do i need to do, dont really want to spend another $400 on a clutch kit. help please i gots some 2010 sno pro turbo a** to kick in 2 weeks

Go back to the stock 43 helix at 80 wrap....you want 9000 rpm. What primary spring are you running? The stock secondary spring is fine.
Ive tried different helix's, 45, 47, 43/41 and a 47/41 and found the stock 43 worked best with the Hurricane/Hindle kit. I don't run 2 speeds but do run DnF's and the HC black spring.

Last edited:
Just for the heck of it, check your cam arms (2 speeds) to be sure they are not worn on the part that contacts the rollers. Not sure if this is a problem on them, but it is with the DnF's as they wear out. HC will sell you new ones at a discount if they are bad.

Yes running the black spring, and just replaced the weights with new ones,were well worn out last year

What are u using for washers on the drag and flys, tip - mid and heel

also, i just dont see changing a helix from 47 to a 43 is gonna get my rpms up from 8100 to 8900, i hope im wrong. bad thing is no snow to test on here at home

What are u using for washers on the drag and flys, tip - mid and heel
1 bolt 3 washers in the heel, 1 bolt 1 washer in the tip...middle empty. The helix was just a suggestion as I found no noticeable gains from using the 47,

With the 47 I was able to do 103 last year, with the 43 I was only able to get 98 mph. Was using the 43 since new up until last year when I tried the 47

Back