• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Noisy is your primary?

1BADS8SS

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
NYTRO
Just wondering how noisy everyone else's is? I've seen all the threads and i know that this is such a common issue, i don't really care about it to much the sound goes away once your hammering down. just loud when idling.

They're noisy. But it's not the clutch it's the stub shaft. Which there is a fix for it if it bothers you.

can you point me in the direction of the fix?

I found a link but it appears that the fix that guys have tried have not held up very well.

Mine sounds like a tdi volkswagen. Only really loud if i have the cover off or if im in the garage tho. Its not too bad when out in the snow, especially if there are a couple of 2 strokes idling near by.

Noisy weights rattling around in there... I don't really think it is an issue. Never bothered me a whole lot on my sled. Heard some guys putting different bolts or drilling out holes to hold dowel pins in place.

Back