• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hygear frustration

snowhite

Pro
Country
Canada
Hey members I’m trying to install the 141 linkage kit from hygear on my 2015 stxdx. That cam for the rear shock mount doesn’t seem to want to go. Hygear got smart alex with me because I said their YouTube video wasn’t very helpful and the included instructions are not helpful, pictures are very dark. Anyone put one of these on? Please.

I was pretty sure the stx dx was a 137 model. That may be your issue??

Well just an update on my friends at hygear.If it wasn’t for this forum or site I might not have been able to get the linkage on my viper. The customer support or lack of support was awful. I was humiliated by one person indicating that I could not conceptualize the system, I lacked any mechanical skills or knowledge, and that the instructions were made for someone of basic mechanical knowledge to understand. If I couldn’t understand this that I should take my suspension and their parts to a competent mechanic. Wow that’s a kick in the nuts. Well I got them beat and got everything figured. Never thought that a business as “HYGEAR “, would employ such people that are judgemental and rude. Thanks for the help guys.

Well just an update on my friends at hygear.If it wasn’t for this forum or site I might not have been able to get the linkage on my viper. The customer support or lack of support was awful. I was humiliated by one person indicating that I could not conceptualize the system, I lacked any mechanical skills or knowledge, and that the instructions were made for someone of basic mechanical knowledge to understand. If I couldn’t understand this that I should take my suspension and their parts to a competent mechanic. Wow that’s a kick in the nuts. Well I got them beat and got everything figured. Never thought that a business as “HYGEAR “, would employ such people that are judgemental and rude. Thanks for the help guys.
They def seem to big for themselves. I’m still waiting for call/email back on a set of rear shocks from 4-5 years ago.

I then bought heavier torsion springs, they sent me the stock spring. I’m 6’5” 325+- with gear on. I then said screw it let’s try this again. Call them they send me the same exact spring. I drive them there personally and they give me the “heavier” spring and say it’s too much. I have it on setting 1 maybe one side on 2 and it is fantastic! They need to cut back lol

Back